State of the Steelers

warfelg

Basically, We get Donte Jackson, plus a 1 1/2 round pick swap improvement.  Pick 178 is the 2nd pick of the 6th Rd, as opposed to the 20th pick in the 7th.

I'm good with it.  I've never been a huge fan of Dionte Johnson, personally, and think he can be upgraded in the draft, or heck, even with a remaining FA, possibly....someone who will fit more with what we'll need next season.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Free Agency , KJ Osborn is a nice player that is out there and Tyler Boyd of course might be the presence that is needed. 

Really think Xavier Legette is a perfect fit for Arthur Smith and there are definitely some nice 3rd & 4th round type WRs.

I’ve heard good things about Legette

• Like 1

FWIW, Ridley would be an awesome fit here. He’s a devastating deep threat when he can play the Z. The Jags forced him at X last season and he’s just not built for that, but Pickens is. They compliment each other well and can both win at all 3 levels. 

6 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Basically, We get Donte Jackson, plus a 1 1/2 round pick swap improvement.  Pick 178 is the 2nd pick of the 6th Rd, as opposed to the 20th pick in the 7th.

I'm good with it.  I've never been a huge fan of Dionte Johnson, personally, and think he can be upgraded in the draft, or heck, even with a remaining FA, possibly....someone who will fit more with what we'll need next season.

I literally got this alert right after I posted about him. Johnson was a problem, and he was a limited red zone receiver. My question is about the corner, had a serious injury but ran a 4.32 forty before being rather middling post injury. Hopefully, he’s back to 100 percent, but what is his value in the slot? 

Current CB room:

1. JPJr.

2. Donte Jackson

3. Cory Trice

4. Darius Rush

5. Khalon Barnes

Lots of length and speed, very exceptional speed on the less lengthy guys. Imagine if 2 of 3-5 pan out!?!? 2 And 5 need to be slot effective. Is this draft setting up to be a big ugly fest during the first two days?

35 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I’ve got some bad news for you. 

Unrealistic expectations.

DJ can be okay, but is highly inconsistent, and as someone else noted,  this is essentially a one year rental with a talented WR draft class.

I dont love this deal, but I certainly didn't expect to get the 2nd rd pick some Steeler fans were talking about.   That was always a pipe dream.

3 minutes ago, rlon said:

Current CB room:

1. JPJr.

2. Donte Jackson

3. Cory Trice

4. Darius Rush

5. Khalon Barnes

Lots of length and speed, very exceptional speed on the less lengthy guys. Imagine if 2 of 3-5 pan out!?!? 2 And 5 need to be slot effective. Is this draft setting up to be a big ugly fest during the first two days?

Who will be the nickel back?

7 minutes ago, 43M said:

Unrealistic expectations.

DJ can be okay, but is highly inconsistent, and as someone else noted,  this is essentially a one year rental with a talented WR draft class.

I dont love this deal, but I certainly didn't expect to get the 2nd rd pick some Steeler fans were talking about.   That was always a pipe dream.

I’m just happy I don’t have to see a receiver so regularly catch a ball and head back towards the line of scrimmage for some unfathomable freakin’ reason. Perhaps some of our unreasonable expectations were shaped by the hype of what a ‘perfect route runner’ he is. His struggles getting into the end zone in 2022 had at least something to do with him IMO. I really wanted another day 2 pick, so I was hopeful. Seems like we need a FA WR and another in the draft now. I do like that the Steeler defense is…getting…faster.