State of the Steelers

warfelg

Looking at the current depth chart (here), which seems to be updated pretty accurately, what would be the current order of needs? Something along the lines of:

1. WR

2. OT

3. OC/OG

4. DL depth

5. Nickel CB

Am I missing anything?

Honestly seems pretty solid all things considered. I think focus is likely on OL in round 1 again as they seem to have confidence picking up later round WRs (2nd and on).

14 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Yeah, but now with Jackson, who will be slated as our #2 CB, I doubt we pay anyone anywhere near $8M to come in at CB.  But your point is well taken...

Everything I’ve read on Jackson suggests that he is an outside corner, not a slot. So, he’s you number two and perhaps the slot is coming in the draft or a stud that is acclimated to the NFL game by being a part time/slot corner at first.

6 minutes ago, rlon said:

Everything I’ve read on Jackson suggests that he is an outside corner, not a slot. So, he’s you number two and perhaps the slot is coming in the draft or a stud that is acclimated to the NFL game by being a part time/slot corner at first.

Yes...that is what I said.  Agreed.

Would love to know what the Chiefs were offering for DJ.

Fullers deal is fine…probably woulda took the mid rounder for DJ and then took the cap saving to put towards Fuller instead of what we did.

25 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

Looking at the current depth chart (here), which seems to be updated pretty accurately, what would be the current order of needs? Something along the lines of:

1. WR

2. OT

3. OC/OG

4. DL depth

5. Nickel CB

Am I missing anything?

Honestly seems pretty solid all things considered. I think focus is likely on OL in round 1 again as they seem to have confidence picking up later round WRs (2nd and on).

I would put C as the top need. WR is right there, though. Both are bigger needs than OT, IMO. 

• Like 1