State of the Steelers

warfelg

EXCLUSIVE: CB Kalon Barnes on his speed, running track, #Browns-#steelers rivalry and more: "That's kind of what I have been working on this offseason. Controlling my speed. I am learning that I don't have to run full speed all of the time. I used to go too fast sometimes and get out of position." https://steelerstakeaways.com/exclusive-with-steelers-cornerback-kalon-barnes/

34 minutes ago, armsteeld said:
EXCLUSIVE: CB Kalon Barnes on his speed, running track, #Browns-#steelers rivalry and more: "That's kind of what I have been working on this offseason. Controlling my speed. I am learning that I don't have to run full speed all of the time. I used to go too fast sometimes and get out of position." https://steelerstakeaways.com/exclusive-with-steelers-cornerback-kalon-barnes/

Fingers crossed…

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/04/attorney-cam-sutton-released-from-jail-felony-reduced-to-misdemeanor/

Anyone have inside info on what actually happened? Is Sutton worth taking a shot on? Coach Tomlin likes to rehabilitate/groom but is this situation too far gone?

The article says the police found a "battered" woman and it was "battery by strangulation" which doesn't sound good. But leveling it as a misdemeanor tells me it was a "minor" altercation.  I personally don't think they bring him back.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

The article says the police found a "battered" woman and it was "battery by strangulation" which doesn't sound good. But leveling it as a misdemeanor tells me it was a "minor" altercation.  I personally don't think they bring him back.  

Strangulation never sounds good, but I can tell you that it often sounds worse than what really happened in forensics. It’s very commonly charged in the beginning of domestic disputes. I see it all the time, it’s not a nothing charge but there is quite a difference in degree in some of these cases.  If the Steelers do their due diligence and this is not something so serious or reprehensible, AND provided he gets some help, like anger management and maybe alcohol/drug related counseling if warranted, I think they should consider bringing him back as a slot. Relationship stress is no joke, people have very bad moments, and thankfully the moment didn’t cause someone their life in this case. Any contract will have to have a major clause in it, meaning ‘any’ kind of future offense voids his contract…

• Like 2

My sign Connor Williams and trade up for Rome Odunze mock

Steelers trade #20, #52, 2025 2nd to Bears for #9

9 - Rome Odunze, UW WR

84 - Kiran Amegadjie, Yale OT

98 - Renardo Green, FSU CB

119 - Mason Smith, LSU DL

178 - Omar Speights, LB LSU

195 - Jordan Travis, QB FSU

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

My sign Connor Williams and trade up for Rome Odunze mock

Steelers trade #20, #52, 2025 2nd to Bears for #9

9 - Rome Odunze, UW WR

84 - Kiran Amegadjie, Yale OT

98 - Renardo Green, FSU CB

119 - Mason Smith, LSU DL

178 - Omar Speights, LB LSU

195 - Jordan Travis, QB FSU

Hard pass.

I like RO, but no way Im giving up 3 premium picks to move up 11 spots when a) we arent close to being a WR away and b) its a pretty deep WR class.

Most Id give up to move up is our 3rd, which would likely get us into the 12-14 range.  I actually think our 2024 1st and 2nd would get us up to 9, but I still wouldnt do that.

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Hard pass.

I like RO, but no way Im giving up 3 premium picks to move up 11 spots when a) we arent close to being a WR away and b) its a pretty deep WR class.

Most Id give up to move up is our 3rd, which would likely get us into the 12-14 range.  I actually think our 2024 1st and 2nd would get us up to 9, but I still wouldnt do that.

Those offers weren’t accepted in the simulator I was using and whole point of doing this is seeing what the scenario would look like. 

Honestly - it might have been the 2025 3rd because I was basing this off the Devin Bush trade.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

Those offers weren’t accepted in the simulator I was using and whole point of doing this is seeing what the scenario would look like. 

Honestly - it might have been the 2025 3rd because I was basing this off the Devin Bush trade.

The sims trade calculations are so bad. Once with PFN’s mock I tried to trade to 5 using 20, 51, 2025 1st, 3rd, 5, 6, 7 and it still said declined. Sometime if I want to make a trade happen I’ll just make note of the right value, then just add until it takes it, and tell anyone what I gave up as actual proper points value. Heck I remember once I was going from 20 to 15 and it made me give up 20/51/98. Just silly. 

27 minutes ago, warfelg said:

The sims trade calculations are so bad. Once with PFN’s mock I tried to trade to 5 using 20, 51, 2025 1st, 3rd, 5, 6, 7 and it still said declined. Sometime if I want to make a trade happen I’ll just make note of the right value, then just add until it takes it, and tell anyone what I gave up as actual proper points value. Heck I remember once I was going from 20 to 15 and it made me give up 20/51/98. Just silly. 

Yea - it was getting frustrating.

By doing this exercise though, if one of the big 3 WRs falls to 12 and we don’t jump I will be annoyed. I watched another breakdown of Odunze last night, he could easily be WR1 and a top 5 lock in any other year imo.