State of the Steelers

warfelg

13 hours ago, warfelg said:

And they should.

FWIW completely irrelevant but we've got the cheapest WR room in the NFL at about $11.5MM.  Conversely the 49ers have the largest at $55MM+.

in a passing league, it could/should be relevant. Time to spend on WR's a bit, especially since the QB isn't getting paid . 

who is getting paid on offence other than the UFA OG's that were brought in?  Everyone else is on rookie deal ? Is that how a championship offence is operated in 2024? 

8 hours ago, warfelg said:

can they just get it over with once and for all. Then hope he stays healthy and has a good season.   Imagine all this hype and anticipation and if the player gets injured or has a nagging injury all season.  Trade and 1200 yards along with GP getting 1200 yards would be about right. 

39 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

We've also got a Christmas Day game. That stinks. I think it's Home vs the Chiefs. 

Also means the game the week before is on Saturday. So late season matchup against the defending champs on Christmas Day off 3 days rest. I hope we have a home game the week before. 

8 hours ago, AFF said:

It would be stupid to offer any guarantees after 2024…the end.

I tend to agree.  I'm torn, as I'd hate to have his Steeler career end in animosity, but he has to recognize, that attempting to squeeze a high-$, 2-yr extension, for his Age 36 and 37 seasons, when he's on the hook for, what, $24M this season, and after missing 1/3 of last season to injury...plus...his effectiveness when healthy, while good, was not quite on par with recent past seasons.  Now, he was coming of a groin injury, but the fact is, his body is getting older, and it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility, that he will suffer further injury over his late-30s.

1 hour ago, Ward4HOF said:

I tend to agree.  I'm torn, as I'd hate to have his Steeler career end in animosity, but he has to recognize, that attempting to squeeze a high-$, 2-yr extension, for his Age 36 and 37 seasons, when he's on the hook for, what, $24M this season, and after missing 1/3 of last season to injury...plus...his effectiveness when healthy, while good, was not quite on par with recent past seasons.  Now, he was coming of a groin injury, but the fact is, his body is getting older, and it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility, that he will suffer further injury over his late-30s.

Thing is he’s still our best IDL depending on Benton. And 2021-2022 he combined for 20 sacks. As long as that dollar amount weren’t mostly GTD you do it. 

• Like 1