State of the Steelers

warfelg

31 minutes ago, jebrick said:

It moves them to an NFL level playbook.  a 1990's playbook but still, NFL level.😁

so you aren't a fan overall then?

anything is better than what they have had for the last 5 years or so.  Relatively speaking I guess is the outlook for the steelers offence

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

so you aren't a fan overall then?

anything is better than what they have had for the last 5 years or so.  Relatively speaking I guess is the outlook for the steelers offence

This is the playbook that Cowher started with and Tomlin wants.  Is it better than a HS playbook?  Hell yes!!!  Is it up to the 49ers, Chiefs or Dolphins?  Hell no!!

I think it is too hard for this style to win in the playoffs.  Just my humble opinion but we will see.

Edited by jebrick

8 minutes ago, jebrick said:

This is the playbook that Cowher started with and Tomlin wants.  Is it better than a HS playbook?  Hell yes!!!  Is it up to the 49ers, Chiefs or Dolphins?  Hell no!!

I think it is too hard for this style to win in the playoffs.  Just my humble opinion but we will see.

run game might be good IF they get TD's and at least have a legit threat of a pass game.  If not, then expect the usual, early KO in the playoffs, maybe at least score some points in the first quarter for a change anyways :)

7 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

run game might be good IF they get TD's and at least have a legit threat of a pass game.  If not, then expect the usual, early KO in the playoffs, maybe at least score some points in the first quarter for a change anyways :)

It is a good playbook for winning games during the regular season.  Less so in the playoffs..  We shall see.

Posted (edited)

As a side note, in the Bring back 2 players to your team thread in General.  Neither can have been to a Probowl  or even 2nd team all pro.  I went with Ike Taylor and Martavis Bryant.  I think they would be huge on the current team. 😄

Anyone got any better ones?

Edited by jebrick
  • Like 1

Just now, jebrick said:

As a side note, in the Bring back 2 players to your team thread.  Neither can have been to a Probowl  or even 2nd team all pro.  I went with Ike Taylor and Martavis Bryant.  I think they would be huge on the current team. 🙂

Ike never made a pro-bowl? That's wild. I figured he would have lucked into one.

It's hard to argue with Ike and MB. That's a really interesting thought experiment with the extra things. It's always Rod Woodson, Dermotti Dawson, Troy, or Mean Joe. I like the extras. It makes it really difficult. 

6 minutes ago, jebrick said:

Ernie Holmes could be in the argument. Limiting it is really difficult. Kimo von Oelhoffen is another choice. Definitely not picking from the cream of the crop.  

3 minutes ago, jebrick said:

As a side note, in the Bring back 2 players to your team thread in General.  Neither can have been to a Probowl  or even 2nd team all pro.  I went with Ike Taylor and Martavis Bryant.  I think they would be huge on the current team. 😄

Tuitt

Weegie Thompson  might be an option in smiths offence  when muth  can't block

mark malone/ KP

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Ernie Holmes could be in the argument. Limiting it is really difficult. Kimo von Oelhoffen is another choice. Definitely not picking from the cream of the crop.  

Holmes for sure, our DL needs help 

Got a few names to throw in this pile:

Gary Dunn NT

Larry Foote LB

Willie Gay NCB

Antwaan Randle El WR

Santonio Holmes WR

Give me Willie Gay and his ball hawking over Ike Taylor and Santonio Holmes to pair with Pickens. 

Justin Strzelczyk  - a legit starter and can play 4 spots on the OL. There is the 6th OL and a legit one right there.  How did forget - I knew I didn't have the right answer previously.