2022 GDT Da Steelers 1-4 host Da Bucs 3-2

Steeler Hitman

49 minutes ago, August4th said:

last time we lost back to back games by 20+? feel like that's another stat that goes back some time

Same year we lost to the browns by 50. 

Week 1 Browns 51 Steelers 0

Week 2 Bengals 41 Steelers 10. 

Edited by warfelg
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, warfelg said:

Has been for like 4/5 years now. Started with Arians right as he retired. Both him and Leftwitch credit Tomlin for their turn to coaching. 

Just became D-Coordinator when Bowles got promoted though. Saw him doing the press conference . I knew he was coaching but not at that level.

Duke Dawson just signed and is showing as currently on the Active Roster?  Guessing also that Josh Jackson and Quincy Wilson get a hat ? If im understanding the rule correctly then nobody has to be released? Is that correct?

In 2020, the NFL started a new collective bargaining agreement before the pandemic was in full swing. That CBA allowed for up to two players in a given game week to be promoted to the active roster without giving the players a normal player contract. Normally, a player must be removed from the 53-man roster to make room for a practice squad promotion. Then, if the promoted player is sent back down to the practice squad, he has to clear waivers. That is not the case with these two players. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, warfelg said:

I do believe Najee was bothered more by his foot than he said.  I like Najee and I think he is one of the young pieces that Mike Tomlin needs to continue to build around.  The  Steelers surprisingly have a NEW (Ben, Bell, & Brown) in Pickett, Harris, and Pickens.  They are all young and because of the losing, no one is mentioning this. With all the negative that is being heaped upon Coach Tomlin, I objectively see a positive there.

Like any competitor, a back-up improving will help get you healthy quicker.

DZjw&pid=Api&P=0

18 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I do believe Najee was bothered more by his foot than he said.  I like Najee and I think he is one of the young pieces that Mike Tomlin needs to continue to build around.  The  Steelers surprisingly have a NEW (Ben, Bell, & Brown) in Pickett, Harris, and Pickens.  They are all young and because of the losing, no one is mentioning this. With all the negative that is being heaped upon Coach Tomlin, I objectively see a positive there.

Like any competitor, a back-up improving will help get you healthy quicker.

DZjw&pid=Api&P=0

No offense Hitman, but this is a delusionally optimistic take.

Pickett, Harris and Pickens are nowhere remotely close to Ben, Bell in Brown and are only similar in the sense that they are a QB, RB and WR trio.  I know you probably arent claimimg they are just as good, but thats why I dont understand the comparison, because they arent similar as individual players or a group, and they havent even begun to sniff those three.   They are closer to Bubby Brister, Tim Worley and Louis Lipps than the Killer Bs.

I do think (or at least HOPE) that Pickett and Pickens can be a great duo.   I disagree about Najee though.    I do think he can be effective and MAYBE shed the bust label, but he will never be anything close to Bell.   He is almost the exact opposite of Bell in terms of skills.    Sadly, Najee is on a similar career path as Eddie Lacy.

If nothing else, hopefully it serves as a further warning to our front office to never again draft a RB in rd 1, and pretty much never draft Bama backs.