2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Irving won't have great value. He's an upcoming FA and a wildcard.

However, the Nets don't have to trade him. They are a title contender when healthy. But, with Irving being who he is, can they trust him to show up going forward? It's a risk.

If I'm the Nets out of spite I wouldn't trade him.  They've literally given him the full superstar treatment and he hasn't been worth it at all. 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

If I'm the Nets out of spite I wouldn't trade him.  They've literally given him the full superstar treatment and he hasn't been worth it at all. 

The Nets have a legitimate chance to win a championship, is being spiteful towards Kyrie worth tanking the season?

They are gunning for championships. Durant has already requested a trade once. What do you think he'll do if the Nets decide not to trade Kyrie and then Kyrie just sits out or loafs the rest of the season?

Just now, seminoles1 said:

They are gunning for championships. Durant has already requested a trade once. What do you think he'll do if the Nets decide not to trade Kyrie and then Kyrie just sits out or loafs the rest of the season?

Durant is gone 100% this offseason regardless after this. 

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Then you're just pissing off Durant, who's already got a fragile relationship with the team. It's not just Kyrie they have to worry about.

Durant is gone.  They are heading towards full rebuild unless Durant convinces Kyrie to stay.  So honestly their best chance at not rebuilding is not trading Kyrie, Durant convinces him to play the rest of the year and they make a deep run.  

Durant is gone 100% this offseason regardless after this. 

But they still have Durant and a good supporting cast now. If they can trade Kyrie for some helpful veterans to still try and win this season, you don't think it'd be better to try and at least still win this season?