2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Durant is gone.  They are heading towards full rebuild unless Durant convinces Kyrie to stay.  So honestly their best chance at not rebuilding is not trading Kyrie, Durant convinces him to play the rest of the year and they make a deep run.  

The Nets have a legitimate chance to get a ring this year, they need to maximize Kyrie's value while they can.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Durant is gone.  They are heading towards full rebuild unless Durant convinces Kyrie to stay.  So honestly their best chance at not rebuilding is not trading Kyrie, Durant convinces him to play the rest of the year and they make a deep run.  

Durant hasn't been able to convince Kyrie of anything in their years playing together.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Conley has actually played well this season but either way we have a variety of players that we could send back in a potential trade. 

I don't see any way that the Lakers send out both of those FRPs for Kyrie Irving. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don't see any way that the Lakers send out both of those FRPs for Kyrie Irving. 

Yeah, no shot. He's too risky. I could see 1 unprotected. Only way they send 2 is if they both are like top 18 protected or something.

I do think, if they really want him, they should make the trade now. They can't afford him this summer unless they once again gut their roster.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Who is out there to even make an offer for Durant?  Pelicans?  Nuggets?  

Same as over the summer. Toronto, Memphis, New Orleans, Phoenix, Portland, GS, OKC.

I don't think Denver has what Brooklyn would be looking for, unless Brooklyn just loves MPJ.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The interesting thing about the Nets too is they will have no motivation to tank.  So they will probably want young talented players currently in the league over picks. 

That's what I think would make Portland a good trade partner.

Portland (after unprotecting their 2023 pick to Chicago) could build something around Simons. They have a couple other intriguing young players as well.