2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

The last 3 minutes of this Clippers/Bucks game has been comical. Bucks fighting back. Clippers doing dumb ****. Bucks finally get lead but unable to build on the 1 point lead. Clippers miss shot to take lead with 15 seconds. Gianni’s grabs rebound and throws it to a guy in the first row. Kawhi shoots an air ball. Ball game. Lol

On 2/1/2023 at 11:55 PM, MKnight82 said:

Why are the nuggets shopping Bones?

He just can't (or won't) play Defense. I love Bones; both the person and the player I think he will be in 2/3 years when he can run a half court Offense and play even below-average D. You don't find players with his handle and shooting ability very often.

The problem for him in Denver is that the Nuggets are, without any question, in a Championship window. They don't have time for growing pains, and believe me, when Bones is struggling he's such a huge issue for the Nuggets. He has the worst +/- on the team by an absolute mile.

The long and short is that Bones' timeline for progression doesn't mesh with the Nuggets need for contributing role players right now. Christian Braun gives 7 point, 6 rebound, 1 steal, 3 deflection games that are so much more impactful than a 17/5 Bones game. That is the reality.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

He just can't (or won't) play Defense. I love Bones; both the person and the player I think he will be in 2/3 years when he can run a half court Offense and play even below-average D. You don't find players with his handle and shooting ability very often.

The problem for him in Denver is that the Nuggets are, without any question, in a Championship window. They don't have time for growing pains, and believe me, when Bones is struggling he's such a huge issue for the Nuggets. He has the worst +/- on the team by an absolute mile.

The long and short is that Bones' timeline for progression doesn't mesh with the Nuggets need for contributing role players right now. Christian Braun gives 7 point, 6 rebound, 1 steal, 3 deflection games that are so much more impactful than a 17/5 Bones game. That is the reality.

I saw Murray call him out on Twitter, what do you think it would take to land Bones in a trade?

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I saw Murray call him out on Twitter, what do you think it would take to land Bones in a trade?

Rumour has it that a 1st round pick will get the job done, so long as that pick can be moved on to get someone else. Jaden McDaniels would be amazing, but with how well he's playing of late I don't think Bones will be enough (even if Tom Connelly loves him that much, given TC drafted him).

Nuggets could just do with more SF/PF length off the bench, likely to take minutes off Jeff Green / Vlatko / Zeke.

Just now, lomaxgrUK said:

Rumour has it that a 1st round pick will get the job done, so long as that pick can be moved on to get someone else. Jaden McDaniels would be amazing, but with how well he's playing of late I don't think Bones will be enough (even if Tom Connelly loves him that much, given TC drafted him).

Nuggets could just do with more SF/PF length off the bench, likely to take minutes off Jeff Green / Vlatko / Zeke.

The Jazz are shopping Jared Vanderbilt and could use another PG type of player, I wonder if that's something Denver would consider.

Just now, NYRaider said:

The Jazz are shopping Jared Vanderbilt and could use another PG type of player, I wonder if that's something Denver would consider.

Nuggets would LOVE JV; it's just whether he offers enough scoring to be enough compensation for Bones.

• Like 1

Just now, lomaxgrUK said:

Nuggets would LOVE JV; it's just whether he offers enough scoring to be enough compensation for Bones.

JV is someone that would instantly be in your rotation and his contract is cheap so it'd work financially as well. I'm not entirely sure why we're so set on trading him though.

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

What would a potential package look like?

Salary would be easy. Could send either Dillon Brooks (hopefully) or Danny Green.

Have young players that Toronto could have their pick of between Ziaire Williams, Jake LaRavia, David Roddy, Santi Aldama.

We have all of our picks + Golden State's 2024 1st.

I'd offer Dillon Brooks, Ziaire Williams, our 2023 1st, Golden State's 2024 1st, and a 2025 1st round pick swap to start. Willing to negotiate depending on what other teams are offering.

• Like 1