2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

25 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's played in 114 out of a possible 289 games over that time frame.  I think we're past the point of expecting him to stay healthy.

I'm not disagreeing, but him being out is a big reason why they've dropped off from competing for the 1 seed. It's not simply that they outplayed their talent earlier in the year.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm not disagreeing, but him being out is a big reason why they've dropped off from competing for the 1 seed. It's not simply that they outplayed their talent earlier in the year.

The Pelicans went 31-41 back in 2020/2021 with a relatively healthy Brandon Ingram and Zion Williamson.  Pelicans had a couple of big win streaks (7 straight wins in late November/early December, 5 straight wins in late December, and their current 10 game losing streak).  They're probably not as bad as their record currently indicates, but they're also probably not far off.  At one point, they were 11 games over .500 and now they're game under.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The Pelicans went 31-41 back in 2020/2021 with a relatively healthy Brandon Ingram and Zion Williamson.  Pelicans had a couple of big win streaks (7 straight wins in late November/early December, 5 straight wins in late December, and their current 10 game losing streak).  They're probably not as bad as their record currently indicates, but they're also probably not far off.  At one point, they were 11 games over .500 and now they're game under.

I don't really understand what you're arguing here. Are you really saying Zion being out isn't a big reason they're currently struggling?

• Like 1

Just now, seminoles1 said:

I don't really understand what you're arguing here. Are you really saying Zion being out isn't a big reason they're currently struggling?

No.  I'm saying that they probably overachieved early in the year.  But Zion and BI struggling to stay healthy as caused them to regress back to below-average.  They're probably somewhere around 6 wins over .500 over the course of the year.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

They weren't as good as they appeared in the first half of the season.

lmao.

Zion and Ingram have missed most of those games and it happened to be rough part of the schedule. I suspect once Ingram gets back up to speed we'll be able to start winning and hover around .500 til Zion gets back.

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Why would the Nets agree to that? 

I could see something like...

Jazz receive: Russell Westbrook, Lakers 2027 FRP, Lakers 2029 FRP

Nets receive: Mike Conley, Jared Vanderbilt, choice of Malik Beasley/Kelly Olynyk/Collin Sexton

Lakers receive: Kyrie Irving, Jordan Clarkson 

The Nets get three rotational players that can help them win now instead of losing Kyrie for nothing in the summer and potentially blowing their season if he refuses to play. They're not going to get a ton of value for him when it could literally be a 30 game rental.

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Why would the Nets agree to that? 

Irving won't have great value. He's an upcoming FA and a wildcard.

However, the Nets don't have to trade him. They are a title contender when healthy. But, with Irving being who he is, can they trust him to show up going forward? It's a risk.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I could see something like...

Jazz receive: Russell Westbrook, Lakers 2027 FRP, Lakers 2029 FRP

Nets receive: Mike Conley, Jared Vanderbilt, choice of Malik Beasley/Kelly Olynyk/Collin Sexton

Lakers receive: Kyrie Irving, Jordan Clarkson 

The Nets get three rotational players that can help them win now instead of losing Kyrie for nothing in the summer and potentially blowing their season if he refuses to play. They're not going to get a ton of value for him when it could literally be a 30 game rental.

Dallas Receives: G Kyrie Irving

Brooklyn Receives: F Bertans, F Wood, 2025 Dallas FRP