2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

8 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Quick fix:

LA Lakers receive: Bojan Bogdanovic, Myles Turner, and Oshae Brissett

Indiana receives: Russell Westbrook, 2027 1st Round Pick (top 10 protected)

Detroit receives: Buddy Hield, 2023 Chicago 2nd Round Pick, 2025 LA Lakers 2nd Round Pick

I don't see the incentive for Indiana... They basically get a top 10 protected first for Turner and Hield. I'm not sure I'd do that. 

There’s no quick fixes for the shooting for the Lakers. They have no assets that any team wants aside from a first round pick that’s years away from being used. Pacers take Westbrook but that’s a commitment to paying him his buyout and giving up that money right away. A lot to ask for when it comes to a small market team. 

Simplest terms Lakers are F****d

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kingram said:

I don't see the incentive for Indiana... They basically get a top 10 protected first for Turner and Hield. I'm not sure I'd do that. 

I'm trying to think what Hield's value is. If Bojan (who is better) only takes Kelly Olynyk and Saban Lee, does Hield bring back much more? Hard to say. I myself would be fine unprotecting that pick and even adding a 2nd, but LA fans seem to think that's unreasonable.

52 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm trying to think what Hield's value is. If Bojan (who is better) only takes Kelly Olynyk and Saban Lee, does Hield bring back much more? Hard to say. I myself would be fine unprotecting that pick and even adding a 2nd, but LA fans seem to think that's unreasonable.

Yeah I just think they'd get better offers for Turner, but maybe not

6 hours ago, Kingram said:

Its a great time to be a New Orleans fan...If you pretend that the game with the orange ball is the only one that exists

The Saints are coming off a really good run from 2017-2020 and it may not have ended in a title but it was a fun ride at least. I'm ok with some down years there in exchange for the Pels, I'm a much bigger basketball fan anyways and have waited my whole damn life to see this team become something like this. 

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

It's very clearly negative.  We saw what Bogey fetched, and Hield is signed for an extra year.   And I don't think a single unprotected FRPs is unreasonable.  I think the second one is what makes it unreasonable.

3 hours ago, Kingram said:

Yeah I just think they'd get better offers for Turner, but maybe not

I just don't believe that Turner is overly valuable.  He's probably only valuable to contending teams, and those teams are picking late.  And given his injury history and contract status, I can't see any team offering anything with legitimate upside for him.

5 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Zion is gonna be in the LeBron tier of getting fouled on every drive but never getting the calls for it because they'd have to call it every time

Dude is getting hacked and they're calling nothing. I understand he's bigger and stronger, but damn.

• Like 1