2022-2023 NBA GDT: The regular season is finally over!

11sanchez11

On 11/10/2022 at 10:22 PM, Spartica4Real said:

This team just isn't that good. Starting lineup has no hustle or defense in them outside of Herb. Lost to a hapless Blazers team because they got absolutely scorched in 2nd chance points and points off TOs. They just play dumb basketball. Hope y'all took the under in Vegas.

Big time overreactions. Pelicans had a loooooong stretch of road games. It's hard to make significant changes on the road. First home stretch and we saw Point Zion return and much improved rotations. This team will be fine.

4 hours ago, Kingram said:

Big time overreactions. Pelicans had a loooooong stretch of road games. It's hard to make significant changes on the road. First home stretch and we saw Point Zion return and much improved rotations. This team will be fine.

I mean, yeah I was angryposting tbh. But I don't think anything aside from the last line is an overreaction. The team truly isn't that good right now, even starting this homestand they've lost to a depleted Blazers team and blew an 18 point lead to the worst team in the NBA that they (thankfully) pulled back at the last moment. 

The season is young though, there's time to turn it around. We started much worse last year. Just so frustrating the way we've gotten to this record, 0-3 in OT games that could've all gone our way, and should've tbh if we had just shot free throws better in them. And the team looking so sloppy and poorly coached. I am glad Willie finally learned to use Point Zion vs Houston and hope he continues with it, but overall he still put some BAD lineups out there. We lost that lead because he played a lineup where the only offense was BI and the defense was nonexistent. Still needs to play Dyson Daniels more, feels like he's been in rookie jail since the Lakers free throw misses. 

39 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

I mean, yeah I was angryposting tbh. But I don't think anything aside from the last line is an overreaction. The team truly isn't that good right now, even starting this homestand they've lost to a depleted Blazers team and blew an 18 point lead to the worst team in the NBA that they (thankfully) pulled back at the last moment. 

The season is young though, there's time to turn it around. We started much worse last year. Just so frustrating the way we've gotten to this record, 0-3 in OT games that could've all gone our way, and should've tbh if we had just shot free throws better in them. And the team looking so sloppy and poorly coached. I am glad Willie finally learned to use Point Zion vs Houston and hope he continues with it, but overall he still put some BAD lineups out there. We lost that lead because he played a lineup where the only offense was BI and the defense was nonexistent. Still needs to play Dyson Daniels more, feels like he's been in rookie jail since the Lakers free throw misses. 

Willie was very slow to bring Trey into the lineup last year too. I think they might be letting Graham play more to boost his value a bit. Him and Hayes are the clear cut guys who could be on the move at the deadline. I think Dyson will continue to play more as the season progresses. 

Inserting Zion into a team is not easy, especially when you have guys like CJ and BI who deserve offensive touches as well. I’m confident they’ll figure it out eventually, and I personally think it’s CJ becoming less of a PG and more of a Klay Thompson off ball shooter type. Problem is he can’t hit crap right now so his creation is all he’s giving you. Trey has also been ice cold lately.