Fire Dennis Allen

gen. manager

3 hours ago, SWATcha said:

https://saintswire.usatoday.com/2023/01/19/saints-fire-pete-carmichael-dan-roushar-nfl-coach-search/

Aaaaand it's official. Next season is over before it has even begun. Any AFC teams we can root for in the meantime?

On the bright side, when we inevitably suck and get a top draft pick next year we will fire all of them. 😃

2 hours ago, JMG5 said:

On the bright side, when we inevitably suck and get a top draft pick next year we will fire all of them. 😃

I'm really, really, hoping this is the thinking. They know they're going to suck, so they're going to try to suck harder than everyone else and just keep the suck train rolling with a full reset in 2024.

3 hours ago, SWATcha said:

I'm really, really, hoping this is the thinking. They know they're going to suck, so they're going to try to suck harder than everyone else and just keep the suck train rolling with a full reset in 2024.

Realistically, who are we going to get to come in to replace Pete with Dennis Allen likely on the hot seat next year? No one worth a damn from the outside. Maybe someone in-house would have stepped up, but that's unlikely.

This year was terrible, but it sucked that much more because of our lack of a 1st round pick. Next year, we ideally have a top draft pick and a job opening with our cap situation finally improving. This might be another frustrating year, but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel.

10 hours ago, JMG5 said:

Realistically, who are we going to get to come in to replace Pete with Dennis Allen likely on the hot seat next year? No one worth a damn from the outside. Maybe someone in-house would have stepped up, but that's unlikely.

This year was terrible, but it sucked that much more because of our lack of a 1st round pick. Next year, we ideally have a top draft pick and a job opening with our cap situation finally improving. This might be another frustrating year, but at least there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Some OC that wants to make a good impression and take over for Allen when he gets fired?

On 1/20/2023 at 1:01 PM, Raves said:

Some OC that wants to make a good impression and take over for Allen when he gets fired?

Possibly? It just feels like a really shakey position for an up-and-coming OC to want. If you fail you're not getting a 2nd year. You're likely out of the door along with the rest of the coaching staff.

Every year there's a crap team that "nobody wants to go to" and it becomes a proving ground for an up & coming coach. We were really no different when we hired Payton.

So, at some point, I believe we'll hire a guy who has the vision and ability to actually lead a team, not just be a coach. And it will suck until then.

21 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

Every year there's a crap team that "nobody wants to go to" and it becomes a proving ground for an up & coming coach. We were really no different when we hired Payton.

So, at some point, I believe we'll hire a guy who has the vision and ability to actually lead a team, not just be a coach. And it will suck until then.

I honestly think Dennis Allen was fine after reviewing the seasons. Guys played hard for him which, to me, is super important. I think the most glaring issue all year was offensive play calling...Its a shame DA is tied to Pete because it'll probably be what ends up getting him canned. If he moved on and brought in/promoted a creative offensive mind I'd be slamming the over on our wins for next year. 

• Like 1