Fire Dennis Allen

gen. manager

38 minutes ago, gen. manager said:

Why can’t he micromanage? If the offense was playing well, sure, let Carmichael do his job. But he has to see what everyone else sees and he’s gotta do something. That offense has no identity. I’m shocked when they score touchdowns at this point. And the guy’s record is 12-37. 24.5% winning percentage. Average is being way too kind to him. Once the Saints fire him, he’ll never be a head coach again. 

Yeah, I don't think Dennis Allen is a good HC. I just blame Carmichael more. The offense has plenty of talent and he's completely misused it. The usage of Kamara and Taysom this season are pathetic. The worst part is DA is an elite DC, and its a shame we will lose that. 

8 hours ago, tyler735 said:

1 week later and in yet another crucial short yardage situation, we put the ball in Dalton's hands (with a designed quick pass to Callaway...) rather than running it with Kamara/Hill. Ingram obviously put us in a bad spot by running out of bounds 1 yard before the first down, but why in the world do we not just line up Hill under center with Kamara in the backfield and run a QB sneak with Taysom Hill, a guy that is one of the most powerful runners in the league. It's not rocket science. Even if the defense knows it's coming they are very unlikely to stop Hill from getting a yard on a QB sneak.

He's doing what we used to scream at Sean for doing, but instead of Drew Brees we have Andy Dalton. 

12 hours ago, gen. manager said:

Why can’t he micromanage? If the offense was playing well, sure, let Carmichael do his job. But he has to see what everyone else sees and he’s gotta do something. That offense has no identity. I’m shocked when they score touchdowns at this point. And the guy’s record is 12-37. 24.5% winning percentage. Average is being way too kind to him. Once the Saints fire him, he’ll never be a head coach again. 

Offense is criminal. Go back and watch and count how many times they just ran Kamara up the middle for no gain on first down. Count how many times Kamara was off the field on 3rd down. How many designed pass plays for Kamara?

There is 0 creativity coming from that offense. There is 0 effort to try and get the ball into the hands of their best playmaker, or even scheme plays to get him open in space. Playcalling is beyond bad. Then there's Andy Dalton at QB. No need to expand upon all that epicness 🙄 

I've watched a lot of bad Saints football in my lifetime, but this season just might take the blue ribbon for worst ever. Team has no identity. They have no discipline. The dumb penalties continue to rack up week after week (12 men in the huddle 😂😂😂). Watching Andy Dalton at QB is like watching paint dry. And not having what's going to end up a high 1st next year is just salt in the wound.

I noticed that last year when the Saints start off 5-2 with Winston at QB, Winston had only about 150 attempts through those 7 games. This year with Winston starting we he had 150 attempts in 3 games. I mean obviously our weapons better back/better means we should use the passing game more, but unless you have a near unstoppable player, you can't favor the run or pass that much.  It makes it too easy for defenses to counter you.

16 minutes ago, Dome said:

This won’t be a popular opinion, but it serves the staff right for entertaining the idea of Watson. 

I hope they’re all fired and Gayle gets dementia. Sick freaks. 

The dementia part might be a bit much, but I agree with the rest. Disappointed we even entertained trading for him.

1 hour ago, Kingram said:

The dementia part might be a bit much, but I agree with the rest. Disappointed we even entertained trading for him.

My grandmother has it bad, went missing this November and had half the town out looking for her… calls my mom and 911 weekly to tell them she’s a hostage and needs rescue. So I didn’t take the comment lightly.

It was a bit much, no doubt about it. But so was trying to employee a sexual predator to a team who has tried to erase all ties to Darren Sharper. Absolutely shameful and disgusting. 

Have only watched a few Taysom highlights this season. Could not care less what happens to Gayle, her team , and the staff/players that wanted Watson to play for them. 

Here's my concern. The Saints really don't have anything to offer prospective coaches right now. What do we really have? We have McCoy, Ramczyk, Werner, and Olave as our nucleus. The rest of our team is aging, tied to bad contracts, or have issues with injury. We don't have a quarterback, and we really have no resources to get one over the next two years. We don't have money, and we don't have a 1st round draft pick. We are a small market.

Really, the only thing that we do have is an owner/GM that has shown patience with coaching staffs in the past. That is what we have. This season is lost. There is no urgency to fire Allen right now. Wait until the season is over and make the decision. But at least at that point it will show that we did everything in our power to salvage the situation so that we have any hope of recruiting a half way decent coach.

There are options for any coach who is a competitor, and someone who has the desire to build "their own" team, rather than working with someone else's hand-me-downs.

The only thing we're really missing is a 1st round pick.

Every coach who goes to a new team, goes to a new team because the team sucked the year before - or in the rare case like the Saints, a retirement - so our situation isn't unusual.

There are several very interesting prospects out there for HC. 

I'd love to see us gut the Bills coaching staff. Ken Dorsey as HC and Leslie Frazier as DC.
In addition, go get Ben Johnson from the Lions as OC, Chris Morgan from the Bears as a new O-line coach (our sucks compared to the talent we have) and Darrell Bevell from the Dolphins as our QB coach.

I haven't researched enough to see who we should get as a WR coach, but we clearly don't have one. Our receivers - outside of Olave and maybe Rasheed - are pretty pathetic. We also need a D-line coach, and maybe if the stars align, Cam Jordan will retire and become a D-line coach and Damario Davis can retire and become our linebacker coach.

3 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

There are options for any coach who is a competitor, and someone who has the desire to build "their own" team, rather than working with someone else's hand-me-downs.

The only thing we're really missing is a 1st round pick.

Every coach who goes to a new team, goes to a new team because the team sucked the year before - or in the rare case like the Saints, a retirement - so our situation isn't unusual.

There are several very interesting prospects out there for HC. 

I'd love to see us gut the Bills coaching staff. Ken Dorsey as HC and Leslie Frazier as DC.
In addition, go get Ben Johnson from the Lions as OC, Chris Morgan from the Bears as a new O-line coach (our sucks compared to the talent we have) and Darrell Bevell from the Dolphins as our QB coach.

I haven't researched enough to see who we should get as a WR coach, but we clearly don't have one. Our receivers - outside of Olave and maybe Rasheed - are pretty pathetic. We also need a D-line coach, and maybe if the stars align, Cam Jordan will retire and become a D-line coach and Damario Davis can retire and become our linebacker coach.

Ken Dorsey as the head coach? Meh. But I think you’re video game operating there. Leslie Frazier wouldn’t leave Buffalo to come to New Orleans. Ben Johnson wouldn’t make a lateral move to New Orleans, same with the other coaches you mentioned.

The defensive line coach and linebacker coach this team has aren’t the issues. The wide receiver coach definitely isn’t the issue. Dennis Allen and Peter Carmichael. There are your issues. Throw Mickey Loomis in there in my opinion too. I’m not sure that guy can really operate a franchise as a general manager. Sean Payton ran the operation while he was here. 

So I'm thinking the Saints will end up with a 1st round pick this year... might not be the top 5 pick we wanted, but we'll get one.  This will come in the form of Sean Payton becoming the HC of the Dallas Cowboys after they stumble in the wildcard round of the playoffs.  This will net the Saints at least one FRP and likely additional picks.

Pick #24-Hendon Hooker, QB Tennessee (Drops due to his age and teams looking at upside of guys like Levis/Richardson)

Saints will then address the LG position as they look to trade Peat post June 1st.  This will give the Saints with an entire OL draft within the past 5ish years for a young long-term OL with Penning/Drafted LG/McCoy/Ruiz/Ramczyk to protect Hooker going forward.

Saints offense now looking attractive to a future coach, defense is corrected simply by getting a DC that can take advantage of the talent that is currently on the roster as although some of it might be aging, they are still extremely talented and should be performing much better.

3 hours ago, Kingram said:

So... Rumor mill is that SP is returning...and his top choice is the Saints. That would be a blessing from the man himself and it might be the only situation where you can actually retain DA as a DC, as you can pitch it as an interim HC spot.

That would be, interesting, to say the least. I keep thinking he'll angle his way for the Chargers job, or less likely, the Cowboys.