Browns TE David Njoku suffers high ankle sprain; Out 2-5 weeks

RaidersAreOne

Njoku has been a disappointment for me thus far in his career as far as receiving goes, but this season he came along massively. Sad to see him miss time in his best year yet. He’s made some really athletic surprise plays from what I’ve seen. 

58 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Njoku has been a disappointment for me thus far in his career as far as receiving goes, but this season he came along massively. Sad to see him miss time in his best year yet. He’s made some really athletic surprise plays from what I’ve seen. 

He's always been sitting behind Hooper, aside from his rookie year, where he was good. Hooper was the highest paid TE in the league and thus, was going to get TE1 reps. It was dumb, but was totally the reason he wasn't dominating. He's become a great blocker, too. One of the premier TE's in the league in my opinion.

Sucks he's injured, but who gives a F right now, given the state of the Browns. They're screwed until there are some real changes in that coaching room.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Bryant is a good player. Hes not a blocker so he will get less snaps but is a good pass catcher and we dont have other options. 

That's interesting. I feel like coming out of college, a lot of people thought he was just as good of a blocker as a receiver.

29 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That's interesting. I feel like coming out of college, a lot of people thought he was just as good of a blocker as a receiver.

I don't agree with roger there. Bryant isn't an amazing blocker by any means, but he's willing and not bad at it.

But yeah, he won't match Njoku's production. He's a solid backup but is just limited.