Week 7 GDT: Raiders vs Saints

NickButera

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Maybe Carr can't run the offense. He's been suspect this season. Took him time in Gruden's offense to get going too

Yeah but that also doesn't explain the Davante Adams reverses. Call Renfro all of a sudden transforming into a one catch a game receiver

2 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Only saw what was on RedZone. I guess my beef is if we got invest more resources on the offensive side of the ball where the majority of the resources already is. 

Part of the reason I really hated Adam's contract. It can be argued Carr and Waller's were bad choices as well, certainly. Hindsight will likely fuel those thoughts also. 

1 minute ago, SimonGruber said:

Only saw what was on RedZone. I guess my beef is if we got invest more resources on the offensive side of the ball where the majority of the resources already is. 

Should've traded Waller, who's stock with us was already trending downward, signed Nelly instead of Adams, and invested the resources into the OL and IDL. 

Adams was a kid in Madden Franchise type move. Hollins has outperformed him, imo, and Nelly wouldn't have been seeking chemistry from a decade ago. 

They definitely mismanaged resources. Still worse, though, is that guys were available and I don't care what anyone says, my 6'3 200lb *** could play RT better than Eleumenor. That the coaching staff refused to bring anyone else in and still insists on just alternating Munford is bad coaching 101. 

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Why some of you think so black and white is beyond me. 

You get a job as a GM/HC, you do what you can do to improve the team and say all the right things. Some moves work well, some don't. Of course they made moves thinking they could make a playoff run. But until they hand them on the field, they didn't know how it would unfold. The deficiency have become abundantly clear. 

The invested heavy in helping Carr with Adams. However, they failed to address a pathetically weak Oline. And until they got their hands on him, probably didn't understand the degree to which Carr can fold when pressured. 

Carr is what he is. A mid tier QB who will vary week to week. He can look like a pro-bowler when things are going well and look like a bum when they are not. When he's hit often, he folds. We saw that today. 

They need to make a decision on him. Either get him an Oline or get a QB who can play behind what they have. 

The defense has been a talentless bunch of awful for 20 years. Nothing new. The LBs are terrible, the secondary is soft and the Dline cannot get pressure. Until they improve the starting talent on that side of the ball, they will always be a problem. 

This doesn't make sense. Plenty of film to watch to understand roster. They made moves that said this roster was good.  We are fans and knew this wasn't true. We knew that if carr is touched early. 80% of the time he going fold. We knew defense was missing pieces. They still came in didn't address oline while still starting JE. They traded assets and money on adams. Than paid just about everybody who had a catch last year on offense and Kept 5 rbs. They are either poor at evaluating or poor at coaching. No other way around it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

This doesn't make sense. Plenty of film to watch to understand roster. They made moves that said this roster was good.  We are fans and knew this wasn't true. We knew that if carr is touched early. 80% of the time he going fold. We knew defense was missing pieces. They still came in didn't address oline while still starting JE. They traded assets and money on adams. Than paid just about everybody who had a catch last year on offense and Kept 5 rbs. They are either poor at evaluating or poor at coaching. No other way around it. 

Keeping 5 RBs but starting Eleumenor at RT should be a fireable for-cause type of thing, to be frank. 

6 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

When you pay a qb that needs things to be perfect or close to perform. This is what you get. We just started the 2017 cycle all over again. Maybe it don't last as long since carr don't got a 5 year deal again. 

• Like 2

Just now, big_palooka said:

The one thing I cannot get my head around is why the hell Carr won't throw Adams the ball. He should have 12-15 targets a game. All the top WRs get fed regardless of opponent by their QB. Carr is out there throwing to Jesper Horstead FFS. 

Adams isn't exactly getting open. That's probably a big reason. Guys have been glued to him all season. And they're not designing his routes to tailor to his best abilities. Ditto Renfrow. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Keeping 5 RBs but starting Eleumenor at RT should be a fireable for-cause type of thing, to be frank. 

Not when there's built-in excuses for why the rest of the roster sucks so it doesn't matter what decisions are done. That's how stuff like that gets overlooked

7 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

When you pay a qb that needs things to be perfect or close to perform. This is what you get. We just started the 2017 cycle all over again. Maybe it don't last as long since carr don't got a 5 year deal again. 

Yep I was hoping Carr would take Big Ben money which I believe was 18-20 mil a year. The allure of getting a rookie qb on a rookie deal (assuming he hits) is how can you not think about it. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Not when there's built-in excuses for why the rest of the roster sucks so it doesn't matter what decisions are done. That's how stuff like that gets overlooked

But but but McDaniels is an offensive guru and Patrick Graham is highly respected....

I hope Mark has the stones to ****can them both. 

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

But but but McDaniels is an offensive guru and Patrick Graham is highly respected....

I hope Mark has the stones to ****can them both. 

And hire who? It's all about coaching for you, what coach comes in and wins with Derek Carr and the misfit cast of defensive parts? 

• Like 2