Week 7 GDT: Raiders vs Saints

NickButera

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

But but but McDaniels is an offensive guru and Patrick Graham is highly respected....

I hope Mark has the stones to ****can them both. 

TBH that's the only scenario I see that we can salvage this. It's either that or they magically play better this year.

Because a rebuild isn't even just annoying anymore it's actually bad with the way the roster is structured now with all the money allocated to fresh contracts

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

TBH that's the only scenario I see that we can salvage this. It's either that or they magically play better this year.

Because a rebuild isn't even just annoying anymore it's actually bad with the way the roster is structured now with all the money allocated to fresh contracts

The rebuild already happened and failed. Gruden started the rebuild trading Mack and Cooper and that regime crashed and burned on drafting for the rebuild. 

This staff got Carr, a 31 year old vet and has to work with him. A rebuild can't happen until you start over at QB. They opted to get him a true 1 and thus far it unlocked nothing in Carr. 

The roster is structured around Carr. But Carr is who he is and doesn't appear to have another level to his game.

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The rebuild already happened and failed. Gruden started the rebuild trading Mack and Cooper and that regime crashed and burned on drafting for the rebuild. 

This staff got Carr, a 31 year old vet and has to work with him. A rebuild can't happen until you start over at QB. They opted to get him a true 1 and thus far it unlocked nothing in Carr. 

The roster is structured around Carr. But Carr is who he is and doesn't appear to have another level to his game.

People don't want to admit that part. They want to figure out how to fix oline and defense with limited resources so Carr can lead us to a playoff game

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Yeah but see there are a few things wrong with this premise

1. that was four years ago so that argument doesn't work. Can't blame what someone does in 2018 for what someone is doing in 2023

2. If the whole thing about car is true then it was a bad move to pay him rather than letting him play out his last contract year(what she would've done). That's poor because if you didn't think he was that good now you're stuck with him regardless and he ties up money so you can't get other players

3. If this team is built around carr then that would mean it's poor roster evaluation because then the office of line would've been much better on account of the premise being that he can't move in the pocket so he would need better protection.

So if this was supposed to be a rebuild then we would've made moves as if we were going to rebuild but that's not what we did. Instead we paid Carr Waller and Renfrow with one year left on each of their deals. Instead we tied up the money into the roster we currently have and added an older edge rusher 17 mil to the mix for more than we were paying the other rusher that we then traded directly for a corner and the complaint is that our defensive backfield still isn't that good and our pass rush has gotten worse. 

So again it all goes back to either the GM screwed up or the coaches are screwing up. It appears to be the latter.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

And hire who? It's all about coaching for you, what coach comes in and wins with Derek Carr and the misfit cast of defensive parts? 

Rich did a pretty good job, so it ain't like there's nobody out there. 

In fact, he did a better job with worse pieces. 

So I guess I would say damn near anyone who isn't the proven failure McDaniels and Graham are. 

Edited by ronjon1990

24 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This. I don’t really understand why incoming regimes haven’t realized that Derek Carr, while a great character guy and positive locker room presence, is not the guy you want to hang your hat on. He doesn’t have the demeanor or mental toughness to consistently deal with pressure (from the defense or externally from the media and fan base). 

I texted my best friend, and fellow Raider diehard fan, today after the 2nd drive that Carr is having one of those anxiety-ridden days in the pocket where he seems to be frantic and panicked regardless of the amount of pressure coming his way. Things predictably devolved from there. 

Edited by jpaulthe1st
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

People don't want to admit that part. They want to figure out how to fix oline and defense with limited resources so Carr can lead us to a playoff game

We had the resources to fix the offensive line. I don't know how anyone could have argued otherwise. The defense has regressed since last year. As we complain about interior pass rush Quinton Jefferson has three sacks on the season well I don't believe we have anyone from the interior that even has a sack right now. Now if you wanna let him walk I completely understand but at the same time we have regressed defensively. 

We are currently 24th in total yards(Last year we were 14th)

We are currently 31st in turnovers (Last year we were 29th)

We are currently last in sacks (Last year we were 20th)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Rich did a pretty good job, so it ain't like there's nobody out there. 

In fact, he did a better job with worse pieces. 

So I guess I would say damn near anyone who isn't the proven failure McDaniels and Graham are. 

I try not to use this argument simply because all they're going to say is that there's no way that we were gonna win again. We're destined to suck this year if we didn't get rid of Rich apparently. With no proof.

Which is something else I have to talk about: There's no proof that Rich would've been sorry this year as a coach but there was all the proof in the world that McDaniels wasn't going to pan out. Which one did Mark Davis choose?

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

I try not to use this argument simply because all they're going to say is that there's no way that we were gonna win again. We're destined to suck this year if we didn't get rid of Rich apparently. With no proof.

Which is something else I have to talk about. There's no proof that Rich would've been sorry this year as a coach but there was all the proof in the world that McDaniels wasn't going to pan out. Which one did Mark Davis choose.

That's why I added the caveat about proven failures. 

Proof of sucking is definitely not synonymous with conjecture of sucking lol. 

I genuinely cannot believe people are falling all over themselves to defend Josh. Dude has always been suspect in the coaching department and objectively shít in the decency department. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

That's why I added the caveat about proven failures. 

Proof of sucking is definitely not synonymous with conjecture of sucking lol. 

I genuinely cannot believe people are falling all over themselves to defend Josh. Dude has always been suspect in the coaching department and objectively shít in the decency department. 

For me to tell everyone ignores whenever I bring up how after he failed in Denver he coached as an OC with the Rams and was completely mediocre but then went back to the patriots(Brady) and went right back to being super OC mastermind guru again

• Like 1

For me to tell everyone ignores whenever I bring up how after he failed in Denver he coached as an OC with the Rams and was completely mediocre but then went back to the patriots(Brady) and went right back to being super OC mastermind guru again

Copium is a helluva drug. 

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I still feel like they have a long term game plan and need to get their type of players in place for it to be executed properly.  They both inherited a team devoid of talent, especially younger talent to build around.  the lack of young talent was because of the disaster known as Grudock and all of their failed draft picks and FA signings.  

JM/DZ were hamstrung inheriting a roster that is a dumpster fire overall and they tried to put lipstick on a pig by signing players to "win now" when this roster was not close to winning now. Any fan that really believed this team had a chance to contend for a SB birth was dillusional.

I am not making excuses for JM as he has coached this team poorly and has looked outclassed multiple weeks now. The shutout today is unacceptable and is on JM.  This could be the catalyst for the team completely giving up on the season.  

They decided it was more important to trade for a WR and signing a 32 year old pass rusher how is that a long term outlook? If they wanted to bring in their own guys they would’ve kept their picks and used that money a little different.

can’t lie and say I wasn’t pumped by the splash in the off-season it was exciting. But good teams are built in the trenches and we just got manhandled up front on both sides today

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

They decided it was more important to trade for a WR and signing a 32 year old pass rusher how is that a long term outlook? If they wanted to bring in their own guys they would’ve kept their picks and used that money a little different.

can’t lie and say I wasn’t pumped by the splash in the off-season it was exciting. But good teams are built in the trenches and we just got manhandled up front on both sides today

See here's the thing it's not a stupid idea if you're trying to make the playoffs and beyond

It's only a stupid idea when you're trying to rebuild.

That's why I keep saying it's either the coach screwed up or the GM screwed up. 

• Like 1