Week 7 GDT: Raiders vs Saints

NickButera

22 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Carr is not even close to the #1 player holding this team back. In fact, without him the Raiders probably would have been on the bottom of the league for a years now. 

He's also not elevating them. He is what he is. An inconsistent QB who will flash one week and is capable of laying down 4-5 ugly performances a season. He will keep you in the middle, which is not where you want to be. 

It's time to rip off the bandaid with him. Take the struggles without him and hope you can find a franchise signal caller. That is not an easy task mind you.

Who is then? He plays the most important position on the field and been starting for 9 seasons. We can’t go forward until we changed signal callers 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Also Carr has proven that he can take the team to the playoffs twice(no he only played in one playoff game). I'm not saying this as a Carr supporter either. I'm just saying it from a factual perspective that would take into account how Mark Davis may look at the situation based on how the season has gone thus far.

I don’t know man, give nearly any starting caliber QB 9 years to start, by law of averages you’ll go to the playoffs twice 

Mark Davis can’t fired McDaniels yet. We will end up being a toxic job

9 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

No way Mark takes Josh's side over Carr.

Josh has proven he sucks as HC.

Twice. 

Three times if you count him leaving Indianapolis at the altar. 

I still like the idea of Mark bringing Jim Irsay in to deliver the "You're fired" news when it comes time. 

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Who is then? He plays the most important position on the field and been starting for 9 seasons. We can’t go forward until we changed signal callers 

One things for sure: If we are rebuilding Carr is going to be gone. Thats the bottom line regards of how anyone feels about him.

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I don’t know man, give nearly any starting caliber QB 9 years to start, by law of averages you’ll go to the playoffs twice 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

One things for sure: If we are rebuilding Carr is going to be gone. Thats the bottom line regards of how anyone feels about him.

^ I think this is the reality

2 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Given McDaniels' reputation across the league, I sincerely doubt anyone sees him get canned and feels anything but like karmic justice was done, since it will effectively shut the door on Josh ever being a HC again. 

He was a toxic candidate to begin with. 

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Given McDaniels' reputation across the league, I sincerely doubt anyone sees him get canned and feels anything but like karmic justice was done, since it will effectively shut the door on Josh ever being a HC again. 

The minute I heard the news that Mark Davis was considering him. I knew we were going to go backwards because it's backwards thinking. 

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

If head coach candidates see us firing coaches after one year, we’ll end up with the worst of the pack in of coaches to choose from. It happened during Al Davis last years as no leading candidates wanted the job

10 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

There is not a single player holding the team back. It's the result of poor drafting and roster management.

Carr is mid, but he's had a bad defense around him for 9 seasons as well. 

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The minute I heard the news that Mark Davis was considering him. I knew we were going to go backwards because it's backwards thinking. 

How? He's been one of the most sought after coaches for years. He was waiting for the right spot and circumstances. If anything, Davis was being progressive and the hire was universally praised by football people in the media. 

Some of you guys hate the Patriots so much, you're making up narratives now. Those that didn't like him to begin with are simply piling on at this point. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Also Carr has proven that he can take the team to the playoffs twice(no he only played in one playoff game). I'm not saying this as a Carr supporter either. I'm just saying it from a factual perspective that would take into account how Mark Davis may look at the situation based on how the season has gone thus far.

This is why Mark shouldn't make football decisions. 

For me, let's see how the season plays out and judge from there.

It's hilarious, because this time last year, Raiders were on a losing streak. Everyone was complaining about Olsen's play calling and Bisaccia's game management. They make the playoffs and everyone changed their tune real quick.

Saints were an underrated team with a lot of talent in the trenches and whipped them there. It's one game, there are 8 left. Let's see how they compete after this loss. 

9 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

There is not a single player holding the team back. It's the result of poor drafting and roster management.

Carr is mid, but he's had a bad defense around him for 9 seasons as well. 

Organizational rot. This team has been over .500 twice in two decades and folks think the blame needs to go on one person. Carr certainly ain’t the #1 problem, although I agree it’s time to move on. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

If head coach candidates see us firing coaches after one year, we’ll end up with the worst of the pack in of coaches to choose from. It happened during Al Davis last years as no leading candidates wanted the job

That assumes anyone but Mark would've given Josh a chance to begin with. 

My gut tells me the rest of the league snickered and plenty of people would forgive getting away from Josh McDaniels as quickly as possible. Again, I don't think there's any reason to assume his reputation is particularly good- his own past coaches and players pretty much threw him under the bus after Denver, and he didn't do himself any favors with the Indy debacle. 

It looks worse on the Raiders that they hired him in the first place than it would to can him after a year.