Week 7 GDT: Raiders vs Saints

NickButera

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

This times 1000

Only thing that will save us is another team meeting 

i remember seeing the body language after that failed fake punt that was game imo at that very moment 

I think the last thing JMD wants right now is a team meeting lol. 

Maybe Carr isn't actually a top 10 QB. 

Maybe Adams isn't actually a top 3 WR. 

Maybe Waller isn't actually a top 3 TE.

Maybe Renfrow isn't actually a top 10 slot WR. 

But their reputations as such aren't going to magically erode overnight. 

Josh McDaniels has never been better than a bottom 5 HC as a HC and he wasn't exactly coming in as a beloved guy. He may have been a top 10-ish OC, but it's arguably debatable just how great an OC he was in the first place- he's never been more than average without Tom Brady. 

If the team's top talent got together and decided JMD was out, Mark isn't siding with Josh. His reputation simply cannot outweigh the proven offensive talent we have. He hasn't earned that level of benefit of the doubt. 

A Jim Harbaugh type with a track record of success? Maybe ownership thinks highly enough to side with him. But McDaniels? He's not that guy. He's a guy clearly fighting to save his job and any hope of ever getting a HC job again if it doesn't ultimately work out. And the last thing he needs is any sort of outright mutiny from an offense with that many highly regarded players. 

Edited by ronjon1990

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Josh McDaniels has never been better than a bottom 5 HC as a HC and he wasn't exactly coming in as a beloved guy. He may have been a top 10-ish OC, but it's arguably debatable just how great an OC he was in the first place- he's never been more than average without Tom Brady. 

If the team's top talent got together and decided JMD was out, Mark isn't siding with Josh. His reputation simply cannot outweigh the proven offensive talent we have. He hasn't earned that level of benefit of the doubt. 

A Jim Harbaugh type with a track record of success? Maybe ownership thinks highly enough to side with him. But McDaniels? He's not that guy. He's a guy clearly fighting to save his job and any hope of ever getting a HC job again if it doesn't ultimately work out. And the last thing he needs is any sort of outright mutiny from an offense with that many highly regarded players. 

Right. The premise of him getting hired is predicated on the fact that New England wins so people are willing to overlook his poor leader ship in his previous stint. In other words it's all predicated on theory that he'll be better this time. It's not predicated on actual merit by him as a head coach or by any other head coach that has come from the patriots coaching tree. 

another thing to point out is he was doing the same thing with Brandon Marshall in terms of not getting him the ball either before he traded him. This has been a consistent problem.

Also right now Belichick has put Matt Patricia who was a defensive coordinator for him the last time around as the play caller on offense. And they have a better record than us playing with inferior weapons and they can't figure out who their quarterback is. That shows you how Belichick views how important Josh McDaniels was to the offense.

Maybe we should hire Patricia next. I mean think about it: 

-he play for the horrible lions he deserves a second chance

-Who knows if the patriots make the playoffs maybe he'll have attention from other teams as a hot new candidate(because we should hire a guy based on what everybody else thinks)

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Next year.

I like Demeco Ryans personally

I like the Seahawks offensive coordinator(although I don't know what kind of leader of men he is)

Like Dan Quinn. I don't think he got a fair shake in Atlanta after actually taking the team to the Super Bowl as a head coach he dealt with injuries for like three years straight

Brian Flores. I feel like he got fired we're going 9-8(winning eight of his last nine games). If McDaniels did that people on here I would go right back to calling him an offensive guru again. 

I think the best shot at not rebuilding however is probably just bringing Rich back and giving him the shot that we should've gave him this year(but he would have to bring in an offensive coordinator that makes sense(It can't be like Greg Olsen or something). 

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

I was all about Demeco Ryans last year and then we decided to not even interview him because they saw McDaniels as such a hot commodity. Was anyone else even interested? 

I wouldn't mind a guy like Flowers if the plan is to keep DZ around. Either eagles coordinator would work, particularly their OC. Nobody saw Hurts producing like this and he actually utilizes their playmaker.

Not sure Mark makes a move unless he can get Tomlin or Payton. I'd prefer to take a chance on a younger coach personally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

Write the premise of him getting hired is predicated on the fact that New England wins so people are willing to overlook his poor leader ship in his previous stint. In other words it's all predicated on theory that he'll be better this time. It's not predicated on actual merit by him as a head coach or by any other head coach that has come from the patriots coaching tree. 

another thing to point out is he was doing the same thing with Brandon Marshall in terms of not getting him the ball either before he traded him. This has been a consistent problem.

Also right now Belichick has put Matt Patricia who was a defensive coordinator for him the last time around as the play caller on offense. And they have a better record than us playing with inferior weapons and they can't figure out who their quarterback is. That shows you how Belichick views how important Josh McDaniels was to the offense.

Maybe we should hire Patricia next. I mean think about it: 

-he play for the horrible lions he deserves a second chance

-Who knows if the patriots make the playoffs maybe he'll have attention from other teams as a hot new candidate(because we should hire a guy based on what everybody else thinks)

Not to mention it took Randy f'n Moss form the Patriots to have a legit WR1 type. 

When have WRs ever really been great on the Patriots under McDaniels' syste

39 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Agree the killer is adams dude been a stud at least last 3 years arguably best at his position and you can’t get him open looks. 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Agree the killer is adams dude been a stud at least last 3 years arguably best at his position and you can’t get him open looks. 

Yup. A guy or two that were questionably highly regarded (say, Carr and Renfrow as top 10 at their positions, where arguments could be made to certain degrees), and McDaniels may have some degree of latitude. 

But when absolutely proven commodities are failing hard, that latitude evaporates real quick. 

McDaniels arguably has 6 guys on offense in the top 15 of their positions, some top 5, and everyone is underwhelming (I say everyone, though Jacobs has been bright most of the time- though I stand by him justifiably calling quits if this keeps up).

That becomes an its Josh or it's literally everyone else's fault. Why anyone wouldn't think it's a coaching issue at this point is just laughable. 

10 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yup. A guy or two that were questionably highly regarded (say, Carr and Renfrow as top 10 at their positions, where arguments could be made to certain degrees), and McDaniels may have some degree of latitude. 

But when absolutely proven commodities are failing hard, that latitude evaporates real quick. 

McDaniels arguably has 6 guys on offense in the top 15 of their positions, some top 5, and everyone is underwhelming (I say everyone, though Jacobs has been bright most of the time- though I stand by him justifiably calling quits if this keeps up).

That becomes an its Josh or it's literally everyone else's fault. Why anyone wouldn't think it's a coaching issue at this point is just laughable. 

Certain the den cb even gave up 55yrd to adams

my boy Taylor the rook cb is nice but naw that’s coaching or lack of