GDT Week 8 TNF Edition: The GOAT vs. Ryan Succop

AFlaccoSeagulls

Also the pass rush getting 0 pressure for astronomically long stretches at a time is exactly why we shouldn’t just ignore guys like Chubb in a trade. Current guys on roster not named 35 year old Justin Houston not getting the job done. Would be dumb to just bank on that fixing itself.

Just now, Ray Reed said:

Also the pass rush getting 0 pressure for astronomically long stretches at a time is exactly why we shouldn’t just ignore guys like Chubb in a trade. Current guys on roster not named 35 year old Justin Houston not getting the job done. Would be dumb to just bank on that fixing itself.

yeah but we have ojabo and bowser coming back, so if you're committed to them you need to stay that course and hope that a rotation can generate more pressure with more fresh legs

Just now, baltimoreRebel said:

That scenario

Let Lamar Run. He should take it in his hands and get the 2 yards 

If you run there you have to do the counter/bash run and yeah I agree that might've worked but oh well. Lamar has to be able to execute those BASIC passing concepts, and right now he just can't.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

yeah but we have ojabo and bowser coming back, so if you're committed to them you need to stay that course and hope that a rotation can generate more pressure with more fresh legs

Bowser has never been a + pass rushing asset. He’s a coverage backer by trade. And Ojabo is coming off an achilles injury.

Like I said, it’s poor roster building to assume the best case scenario with those 2. It’s what EDC did at LT last year and it burned us. We had a “lot” invested in Ronnie and AV and 3rd round pick Phillips. Turned into a weak spot when all those pieces didn’t just fall into best case scenarios.

If you run there you have to do the counter/bash run and yeah I agree that might've worked but oh well. Lamar has to be able to execute those BASIC passing concepts, and right now he just can't.

No, I'm talking heavy set like we've done a million times, snap and run to Lamar right up the gut. Us vs Them

• Like 1

Just now, Ray Reed said:

Bowser has never been a + pass rushing asset. He’s a coverage backer by trade. And Ojabo is coming off an achilles injury.

Like I said, it’s poor roster building to assume the best case scenario with those 2. It’s what EDC did at LT last year and it burned us. We had a “lot” invested in Ronnie and AV and 3rd round pick Phillips. Turned into a weak spot when all those pieces didn’t just fall into best case scenarios.

speaking of our pass rush lol two straight plays...

Just now, baltimoreRebel said:

No, I'm talking heavy set like we've done a million times, snap and run to Lamar right up the gut. Us vs Them

Yeah I'm fine with that too. I can't be too mad at the call though because it produced 2 open receivers and Lamar made the wrong read and turned it over.

speaking of our pass rush lol two straight plays...

Yeah I'm fine with that too. I can't be too mad at the call though because it produced 2 open receivers and Lamar made the wrong read and turned it over.

TBF i said “not named 35 year old justin houston”. And i doubt he’s here next year. So we’ll have Oweh (negative pass rush impact lets be honest), Bowser (coverage backer), and Ojabo (achilles, have no idea if he’s even going to be good yet).

Its dumb to look at that room and say “yeah we’re all set”.

We were way more “set” when Ozzie went out and got Dumerville and it transformed the defense.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Teams have been defeating the QB power play in short yardage situations for 2 years now. It's not a great play when teams know its coming. 

• Like 1