GDT Week 8 TNF Edition: The GOAT vs. Ryan Succop

AFlaccoSeagulls

On a side note, so happy for Isaiah Likely. I've really wanted to see him be more featured and so it was great to see him have a breakout game tonight in Mark's absence.

I hope everyone who got hurt tonight takes the mini bye + the Saints game + the bye week to get healthy. No reason not to do that for those guys. We'll need them down the stretch.

Yeah watching those 2nd half highlights back, that was a completely different offense in the 2nd half. Every play had pre-snap motion of some sort, there was trick plays, there was misdirection, there was EVERYTHING you look for in our offense. I just don't understand what we were doing in the first half, like at all.

Big day for our Rookies.

- Hamilton was active and flashed his ability + length.

- Linderbaum went up against maybe his worst matchup across the league in Vea and bounced back from that Sack to really showcase what he's capable of doing at the 2nd level.

- Travis Jones got great push against Shaq Mason a couple times, and had a key stop on Fournette at one point. 

- Isaiah Likely returned to preseason form and continues to impress with his concentration and contact balance. 

- Stout was booming and that early messed up fair catch by the Bucs was awesome.

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Why does it seem like Justice Hill is now a bigger, stronger, and faster athlete post Achilles injury?

HE'S ALWAYS BEEN THIS FAST I'VE BEEN TELLING YOU GUYS THIS FOR YEARS

okay I'm off my soap box now. He's always had this burst, we just never gave him looks lol like i'm dead serious go back and watch his 1st + 2nd year highlights, even in pre-season.

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah watching those 2nd half highlights back, that was a completely different offense in the 2nd half. Every play had pre-snap motion of some sort, there was trick plays, there was misdirection, there was EVERYTHING you look for in our offense. I just don't understand what we were doing in the first half, like at all.

I think we had a certain game plan then Bateman and Andrews went down and we settled in… Not to mention I think for the first time I can remember Roman setup his second half adjustments by what he did In the first half… it was almost like we saved our real game plan for the second half so the Bucs couldn’t adjust to what we had going on… I was very impressed Lamar went 8/8 with 2TDs after halftime… On a side note we desperately need WR help… hopefully we bring somebody in during this mini bye before the bye… But I doubt it… it seems like we really think desean Jackson gon save the day… But I think Bateman going to IR so even if Jackson can help we still need somebody… With Kolar coming back we might get away with rest Andrews if this is how likely gon look… I pray marks shoulder isn’t too bad and we can get him back after the bye… Good team win tonight… 

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

HE'S ALWAYS BEEN THIS FAST I'VE BEEN TELLING YOU GUYS THIS FOR YEARS

okay I'm off my soap box now. He's always had this burst, we just never gave him looks lol like i'm dead serious go back and watch his 1st + 2nd year highlights, even in pre-season.

Wrong guy, I was a major Hill advocate pre and post draft. Was also the first to highlight just how good he is on special teams.

He's clearly a stronger runner right now though and it seems like his improved vision is helping him get to top gear quicker.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Wrong guy, I was a major Hill advocate pre and post draft. Was also the first to highlight just how good he is on special teams.

He's clearly a stronger runner right now though and it seems like his improved vision is helping him get to top gear quicker.

Correct analysis here. He was always an obvious great athlete and has always been amazing on special teams (so no one questioned his roster spot). His vision made him a liability earlier in his career, when he would take a 5-10 yard loss when there was an easy 3+ yard gain. That's why he was has the worst part of the offense when everything was easy in 2019. The team held on to him with the hope he'd improve there, and (for the most part) its paid off this year.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

This. His vision has been much much better this year. He’s getting north and south on some of these runs and is just gashing defenses when he does. Glad to see he wasn’t out in the “doghouse” after the fumble last week. He’s a great change he of pace and I hope he continues to get 5-10 Carrie’s a game as we move forward.

• Like 1