Week 8 Football Talk

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Forge said:

Generally that's what you're drafting for. Doesn't mean that they always hit. But they give you the best chance of being  Mahomes and Allen. 

A lot harder to find the QBs with a computer in their brain. 

People had no idea Josh Allen was so good on a board and so incredibly analytical because he played in essentially a HS offense at Wyoming but everybody who talks about him now says he's maybe the smartest QB on a board they've seen. Impossible to know when you take them, but as a rule I never want to draft an all-tools prospect who can't function once structure breaks down other than making Manziel heaves early.

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

You just hope to see improvement. I think in terms of decision making under pressure, he’s exactly the same as he was last season. The Jets’ OL is pretty shot right now so it is what it is, but this was a close game that NYJ could’ve taken if he didn’t make those dumb mistakes. 

They win if it's Flacco or White in, and yeah the thing is you just need to see a sign that he's learning from the mistakes, that he's developing an understanding of the game, but it's the same mistakes, the same bad plays, the same backfooted heaves the same trailing out of a pocket, he's never developing.

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

People had no idea Josh Allen was so good on a board and so incredibly analytical because he played in essentially a HS offense at Wyoming but everybody who talks about him now says he's maybe the smartest QB on a board they've seen. Impossible to know when you take them, but as a rule I never want to draft an all-tools prospect who can't function once structure breaks down other than making Manziel heaves early.

There were reports that Wilson was a cocky, arrogant spoiled rich kid ala Clausen and Rosen.

Immediately NOPED him after that.

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

But that's the thing - and I mentioned this last year when evaluating that draft class - i don't know how you gauge that in college and how it will translate to the NFL. Everyone said the same thing about Trey Lance as well... I have no idea if that's going to hold true. There are things that I would look at - such as their red zone acumen, numbers against real pressure...but college is so wide open now, everything is so basic. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

But that's the thing - and I mentioned this last year when evaluating that draft class - i don't know how you gauge that in college and how it will translate to the NFL. Everyone said the same thing about Trey Lance as well... I have no idea if that's going to hold true. There are things that I would look at - such as their red zone acumen, numbers against real pressure...but college is so wide open now, everything is so basic. 

Yeah it's why OL play is only going to get worse and offenses are only going to continue to stagnate like they have this year, everything is SO rudimentary, guys are basically being taught nothing, OL aren't even learning basic concepts, QB's make quite literally no reads on 100 teams, there's less and less ability to gauge anything BUT physical tools now.

• Like 1