Week 8: Niners @ Rams

MDY10

Just now, LeotheLion said:

The OL play/depth is the largest part of it but it's also due to no average running backs, no reliable target besides Kupp, and Stafford not playing at a great level. 

Getting Evans out of there will be a blessing but I still think the OL will get worked against quality DLs. The good news is the defense caliber does lighten up but I'm just not convinced the offense will capitalize on that. 

There's a fix for the HB problem. The passing game will pick it up with better blocking and a better running game.

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Lol no. Go get a HB. If there's a reasonably priced EDGE, go get him too. We've got 10 games to go. The season is far from over. Can't believe y'all are being defeatists because SF beat us again. I totally expected that. If we can get Shelton and Edwards healthy and Bobby Evans off the field, the OL will improve a lot. The defense is already very good. With a legit EDGE added to the front, it'll be even better. And giving Stafford a legit HB who doesn't get tackled as soon as he gets what's blocked will be huge for this team. I'm not throwing in the towel on the season.

But are these things an act of futility at this point is my concern.

Would bringing in Josh Allen and Kareem Hunt get us to 10 wins? I want to say probably.

Would that get us out of the first round? Based on our depth and assuming we have NO other injuries the rest of the year, probably not.

The team is mentally shot. They're dejected and at time uninterested. That's a combination of things, but it's not worth pouring more futures assets into this season if we've already thrown in the towel it seems like. We have our core guys under contract for next year, keep the picks, and build depth for next year. Not sure throwing a 2nd at Josh Allen and 4th at Kareem Hunt gets us much further than what we're currently looking at (8 wins vs 10 wins)

33 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

But are these things an act of futility at this point is my concern.

Would bringing in Josh Allen and Kareem Hunt get us to 10 wins? I want to say probably.

Would that get us out of the first round? Based on our depth and assuming we have NO other injuries the rest of the year, probably not.

The team is mentally shot. They're dejected and at time uninterested. That's a combination of things, but it's not worth pouring more futures assets into this season if we've already thrown in the towel it seems like. We have our core guys under contract for next year, keep the picks, and build depth for next year. Not sure throwing a 2nd at Josh Allen and 4th at Kareem Hunt gets us much further than what we're currently looking at (8 wins vs 10 wins)

The Bengals went 10-7 and made the Super Bowl last year. Our window is closing. Donald is nearing retirement. Stafford is up there in years. We need to go for it while we can. With a playoff-tested team like this, you never know what happens. And I'm not necessarily advocating for Josh Allen. I'd hope we could find a cheaper EDGE.

32 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

The Bengals went 10-7 and made the Super Bowl last year. Our window is closing. Donald is nearing retirement. Stafford is up there in years. We need to go for it while we can. With a playoff-tested team like this, you never know what happens. And I'm not necessarily advocating for Josh Allen. I'd hope we could find a cheaper EDGE.

Yeah, you're right. Might have just been my emotions from yesterday. We don't really have a choice, but to go for it.

Besides Burns, Chubb, and Allen, I'm not sure what is available for EDGE.

It was confirmed we offered two firsts for Brian Burns, but Carolina passed. So it's not a lack of effort on Snead's part. 

It’s ok to suck guys. We’ve been spoiled. Just hate that we have Stafford for a min. That contract is only getting worse.. we need to dump assets. We’re a very bad team with the potential to get hot. We have no run game or no Oline. The defense can’t get pressure or just force TOs. We are In the gutter. I’m answering calls for Jalen tbh. We had to pay the piper, you can only avoid the injury bug for so many years. Blessed to had seen us win the super bowl…

8 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

The OL play/depth is the largest part of it but it's also due to no average running backs, no reliable target besides Kupp, and Stafford not playing at a great level. 

Getting Evans out of there will be a blessing but I still think the OL will get worked against quality DLs. The good news is the defense caliber does lighten up but I'm just not convinced the offense will capitalize on that. 

You saw yesterday how the OL was weak on the goal line...a dozen of play and we couldn't run the ball to the endzone...Stafford had to go by himself on the goal line. 

And again, you could put any RB with this OL, the result would be the same. 

And the inability for Mcvay to create or call different running play is killing me. He only know the run in the middle...i don't know why he refuse to call toss, or outside run since 2 years already. The running game is so previsible, defense just stuff people in the middle and mauled our OL. 

If we can't trade for an OL, well at least change the ******* running scheme ! !

On 10/30/2022 at 4:05 PM, LeotheLion said:

The unfortunate thing is we are likely 5-2 if Trey never gets hurt 

That's just not true at all man, stop it lol. You guys scored a grand total of 23 points in two games against the Niners. Jimmy played very well in the 2nd game but did nothing in the first game. As I keep saying, the biggest issue for the Rams in the match up is that their offense against the Niners defense. The Rams just can't consistently put up points and are averaging less than 20 PPG in the last 8 regular season games. 

6 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's just not true at all man, stop it lol. You guys scored a grand total of 23 points in two games against the Niners. Jimmy played very well in the 2nd game but did nothing in the first game. As I keep saying, the biggest issue for the Rams in the match up is that their offense against the Niners defense. The Rams just can't consistently put up points and are averaging less than 20 PPG in the last 8 regular season games. 

Agree to disagree.