Week 12 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (7-3) @ Arizona Cardinals (4-6) - GABBERT GAME

.Buzz

3 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Just like the Charger game Bortles is so careless with throwing the ball when we’re in FG range

We needed a loss maybe to get perspective 

Tennessee atop the division now

Bortles was not good and that interception was back breaking, but that shouldn't have mattered. The defense stopped them and it was all ready to go into OT with a fresh game basically. There was zero reason that we should have lost due to any one player.

Plus, the defense dropped like 3-4 interceptions, Ivory fumbled at midfield, etc.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

Really shouldn't have even been that close, if we'd capitalized on more of the many near turnovers.  Or if the Offensive Line could block worth halfway competently.  But ughhh.  What a stupid frustrating ending, on a stupid mind-boggling set of playcalls.

Really shouldn't have been. We were outplayed in half number one, but those 13 points were basically gift wrapped to Blaine. 

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

10-6 seems like a pipedream with this offense

SF, HOU, IND, SEA minus all those players on D/horrid OL, and a TEN team that we usually at least split with that isn't playing the best football either.

It's tough after losing a game like this, but unless this puts the team in a downward spiral (it shouldn't) than we should be fine.

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Beat the Colts next week. Get to 8-4, 8-2 in the AFC (that’s big btw), go 2-2 in final quarter at the worst and you’re in the playoffs.

It is huge that we have won against our AFC opponents.

Yeah, in the whole scheme of things this L isn't that big of deal. Would have been nice to stay in 1st place and be alone at the top.

Still is just ridiculous that we screwed up THAT badly to end the game.

We had NO interest in scoring before regulation ended, why are we passing with that being the case? 

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, in the whole scheme of things this L isn't that big of deal. Would have been nice to stay in 1st place and be alone at the top.

We had NO interest in scoring before regulation ended, why are we passing with that being the case? 

I’m right there with ya bud. Didn’t make sense at the time and obviously, it still doesn’t. I knew it’d come back to bite us.

It sucks and that is on Marrone but at least it was against an NFC opponent. 

Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

I’m right there with ya bud. Didn’t make sense at the time and obviously, it still doesn’t. I knew it’d come back to bite us.

It sucks and that is on Marrone but at least it was against an NFC opponent. 

Continue to hold our own destiny. Win the games we need to and split the end of the season with Titans and it's our division.

33 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

If we both stay on track that game is going to be unbelievably intense.

Get the feeling watching these two teams it will be exactly that.

Would have been nice to get a 2 game lead on you guys, that's for sure.

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

Looks like I’m glad to be sick and have missed this game.

Blaine Gabbert tried to gift wrap us the game and we still lost.

Bad Blake (minus a few great runs)

Multiple dropped passes that although were poor throws were catchable.

LOL level Blake interception in crunch time in FG position to take the lead late to possibly win the game.

Horrendous clock management that decided the game in regulation when it should have went to OT.

I felt like I should make you have to live with the pathetic game we just had to witness live.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

my concern is less the fact that we lost, it's who we lost to and why. This is yet another wholly uninspiring game where it looks like we're gonna struggle to beat any team, even if we do pull out the W. Hard to look at any guaranteed Ws on our schedule when we can't score on offense against bad teams. 

5 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

my concern is less the fact that we lost, it's who we lost to and why. This is yet another wholly uninspiring game where it looks like we're gonna struggle to beat any team, even if we do pull out the W. Hard to look at any guaranteed Ws on our schedule when we can't score on offense against bad teams. 

If we continue to have to trot Wells out there and don't switch things up offensively it will be difficult for sure. But the defense is still absolutely loaded and crazy good. I don't look at any game as guaranteed on our schedule, but I feel supremely confident we win at least 2-3 games in the final 5 somehow/someway. 

They gotta figure out the best 5 on the OL. It clearly isn't Wells at RT and Reed at LG. I am still dumbfounded that Shatley isn't in there at C with Linder at RG and Cann at LG. I know a big shakeup like that isn't ideal at this point in the season, but we ran out there with Shatley and Linder at those spots a few weeks back and had quite a bit of success. Cann is a natural LG and although it would be a change, it can't be much worse than what we witnessed today.

As for RT, try anyone besides Wells. It's pathetic watching him out there. We have zero push in the run game and Bortles had very little time on most drop backs to do anything.

We just gotta hope we get a decent Bortles game a few times more this year. He's capable of it, but you never know if/when it'll happen. 

If it makes anyone feel better, the Grey Cup just ended on a total classic Bortles play by the Stamps QB.  Hilarious interception on the edge of field goal range driving to tie the game in the waning seconds of the 4th quarter.

So...at least Bortles didn't do it in the championship game i guess.  And also, when he's done ******* things up for us here...he'll always have a chance to go up North and Bortle around like a dingus.  :)

Archived