Ravens Trade for Roquan Smith

baltimoreRebel

10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

You said the Bears couldn't/shouldn't pay Roquan Smith(even in a theoretical world where he wanted to stay) because they have to assign all that money to premium positions. My point was you don't actually have premium positions to pay and are applying a principle of cap allotment that isn't relevant to the Bears current or near future situation. 

Again, great point. There are WR picks who bust so it's smart to severely overpay for overrated/mediocre options.... 

Forget 2 years, Isaiah Likely the Ravens 4th Round pick at TE has as many TDs as Claypool's entire season in just the last two weeks when filling in for Mark Andrews. Enjoy your 'weapon'.

Question. In their 1st 2 seasons who had more yards and receptions...Claypool or Hollywood? I'll answer that for you. Claypool. Who had the superior QB? I'll also answer that. Hollywood. Didn't you guys just get a 1st round pick for him? Yes you did. The market is what the market is. Good day to you sir.

7 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Yes you did. The market is what the market is.

Man, can't beat your takes. "It's actually smart to overpay if that's what the market dictates", what a proud cuck you are. Good thing the Steelers didn't force a 1st out of you guys or you'd be in here simping for Poles over that one too. 

9 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Man, can't beat your takes. "It's actually smart to overpay if that's what the market dictates", what a proud cuck you are. Good thing the Steelers didn't force a 1st out of you guys or you'd be in here simping for Poles over that one too. 

That 70S Show Fez GIF

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Well this thread got weird.

Roquan puts this team in the contender bracket imo. I’m all in on this defence 

And my apologies for that. I actually originally came over here to say that I thought Smith would do really good in your system and that I thought it was a good move for you guys. You will love him. I just got thrown off by the weird take that somehow Bears fans thought that we murdered you guys in this deal that we were under the illusion that Claypool was going to somehow turn into a top 5 WR. Both moves were just necessary at this time for us. Good luck and I hope you guys go deep in the AFC playoffs.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

And my apologies for that. I actually originally came over here to say that I thought Smith would do really good in your system and that I thought it was a good move for you guys. You will love him. I just got thrown off by the weird take that somehow Bears fans thought that we murdered you guys in this deal that we were under the illusion that Claypool was going to somehow turn into a top 5 WR. Both moves were just necessary at this time for us. Good luck and I hope you guys go deep in the AFC playoffs.

Haha no worries mate it seemed like a crowd effort. I thought it was the right player at the right price. I think necessary is a good word for it from the Bears side of things. 

For my part I was thrilled when I saw this trade. Roquan is the type of guy this franchise has been missing for years. He seems to just bring a presence that had the defence playing like maniacs against the saints and that edge is something that we have had a hard time with outside of Marcus peters 

11 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Good luck to you guys as well. I feel as often has been the case and was the same case as with Lamar, Fields was unnecessarily written off sooner than the other genuinely terrible looking QBs from his draft class.

I think he’s performed admirably given what he’s had to work with. While I agree about this receiver class, I don’t agree with the perspective of getting him Claypool using a 2nd round pick. You guys need weapons, but at this stage in the year, Claypool only removes draft capital and reduces your chances of obtaining a true difference maker from this upcoming class. So I believe it’s bad strategy all around. Keep the pick as your squad also needs talent overall and there could be a really good TE, OL, or defender to be had in that slot. 

From the human element though I can understand relenting strategy to placate your young QB’s likely dissatisfaction with his receiver situation supplied to him.

And a front office needs to balance strategy with relationship/development and so I can’t fully disagree with what was done. I just don’t agree with overspending unless the move is going to provide a chance at a ring. Which I don’t think this does.