Dan Snyder Is Selling the Washington Franchise

MKnight82

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Choose an option:

A)Snyder sells the team in the next 3 months and Snyder and family sail off into the sunset living the high life but never to be associated with Washington again

B)All the prosecutors and the league and everyone refuses to stop piling on and so Snyder ends up losing it all, eventually the league brokers a deal for the team but the snyders lose their fortune.  However, this takes more than 2 more years of this style of news cycle and the team dealing with this backdrop.

I would rather see Snyder go to jail.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Yes in relation to avoiding taxes from the government.  Not withholding expense information from your partners who are impacted by it. 

I just don't see them as "partners".  Even business wise, they are minority stakeholders they don't have any control much less say over operations.  I also would point out, they weren't partners in any sense of the term.  Schar was actively defaming Snyder.  That was some real heavy stuff.  

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I would rather see Snyder go to jail.

So option C) Snyder goes to jail and we suffer for years waiting for the outcome but then cheer as he drops the soap.  Should we also send him to a federal prison in Dallas just to really screw him over? :)

I would be super content if he just went away, but by all means do your thing.  

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

Choose an option:

A)Snyder sells the team in the next 3 months and Snyder and family sail off into the sunset living the high life but never to be associated with Washington again

B)All the prosecutors and the league and everyone refuses to stop piling on and so Snyder ends up losing it all, eventually the league brokers a deal for the team but the snyders lose their fortune.  However, this takes more than 2 more years of this style of news cycle and the team dealing with this backdrop.

You seem very knowledgeable and I'm sure you have reasoning behind what you are saying, but those are not the only options. There is a reason that Dan is trying to work in some protections for himself when he sells. Quite frankly anyone that wants "Snyder and family sail off into the sunset living the high life" has been looking at these last 20+ years through different colored glasses than I have. I wish nothing but horrible things for Dan Snyder right now, when he sells and after he sells. If Dan Snyder was on fire in front of me I wouldn't piss on him for fear of the fire going out.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

You seem very knowledgeable and I'm sure you have reasoning behind what you are saying, but those are not the only options. There is a reason that Dan is trying to work in some protections for himself when he sells. Quite frankly anyone that wants "Snyder and family sail off into the sunset living the high life" has been looking at these last 20+ years through different colored glasses than I have. I wish nothing but horrible things for Dan Snyder right now, when he sells and after he sells. If Dan Snyder was on fire in front of me I wouldn't piss on him for fear of the fire going out.

That is pretty funny.

I am just more outcome oriented on this.  I would rather it all end.  I think the NFL is rife with bad ownership and would just like ours to end.  I want us to be a normal team where what the football player said on social media is the drama, not the owners.  

I have enough experience and exposure to this world to make me very cynical about it all.  Sorry if that is coming out too strongly.  

By the way, you have to assume whether this latest story grows or not, that the fallout and first delay to the sale will be the bank.  Because Bank of America, who issued the loan, also, coincidentally or not, is the party who is brokering the sale of the team.  I would assume there is a vast debate at the bank saying "Legit loan or not, we have to distance ourselves from the organization"...."But we will miss a commission on a 7 billion dollar sale and they are different departments"...."But we are now being investigated".  The same conversation could be going on at the team.  It couldn't even be like this "But we promised to let the bank broker the sale deal if they gave us the loan"..."still the league says we need an independent broker"

So the sale process will need to restart in that case to some degree with a new broker.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, offbyone said:

By the way, you have to assume whether this latest story grows or not, that the fallout and first delay to the sale will be the bank.  Because Bank of America, who issued the loan, also, coincidentally or not, is the party who is brokering the sale of the team.  I would assume there is a vast debate at the bank saying "Legit loan or not, we have to distance ourselves from the organization"...."But we will miss a commission on a 7 billion dollar sale and they are different departments"...."But we are now being investigated".  The same conversation could be going on at the team.  It couldn't even be like this "But we promised to let the bank broker the sale deal if they gave us the loan"..."still the league says we need an independent broker"

So the sale process will need to restart in that case to some degree with a new broker.

Possibly & if that gets Snyder heavily fined or worse, it'll be worth it IMO.

The NFL/other owners are going to have to step in here. They’re going to have to vote him out & then sell the team themselves. Snyder is a waste of space, it’s amazing he made billions starting his own successful company.