Dan Snyder Is Selling the Washington Franchise

MKnight82

39 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Only $6, thought he be looking for $7 !! This is great news. Get er done !

I hope the guy is right, I was listening to the interview on air. He Kinda looses a little respect from me bc he doesn’t dislike Snyder & said their interactions have always been fine as opposed to some other millionaires & billionaires he’s had to interview for stories in the past.

He said he hasn’t talked to Snyder directly about any of this, but “people he knows have told him, that the sale will go through before the owners meetings in a month.” He also said his opinion is Bezos will buy it or, Snyder will not sell. He doesn’t see others doing it. He shot down the idea of Josh Harris which, I don’t agree with.

His opinion was there still could be no sale but I don’t think he was thinking of @lavar703’s point about Dan not being able to pay the league back from the loan he took & his struggles to be able to build a new stadium. The owners want to be repaid and they want a new stadium in the DC area with others shops/homes around so they can make more $ off the DC area & they want the team to be more successful bc of the market.

That’s not something Snyder can deliver bc everyone in the DC area hates him for what he’s done to the crown jewel of the franchise & great fanbase he inherited & he doesn’t have good relationships with anyone in government in DC or the metro suburb counties around DC. He can’t deliver what the owners want, so it’s hard to imagine him remaining owner just based off of those facts alone.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I could believe this to be true, but I think this guarantees that he sells as well. If he is refusing to let someone bid, he probably has a desired suitor already chosen IMO. If he doesn't sell after blocking someone from bidding, the other owners will definitely force the situation.

I think it’s very unlikely that he’ll be able to “block” Bezos on any level, as long as Bezos submits the highest bid. 

There are 31 other folks/groups that own extremely valuable assets, and they benefit from this similar asset being sold for the highest possible price. Their teams instantly have more value if the Commanders go for $7M as opposed to $6.2M. And they won’t give a rat’s *** about Snyder’s “feelings” about who he’d prefer to sell to. 

• Like 2

Well, what the hell do I know — as the Athletic just put out an article saying that Bezos is in fact “barred” from bidding on the team. 

Dan Snyder has to be, without a doubt, the biggest jackass on the planet. Teenage girls aren’t as petty as this little twerp.

• Like 3

If there's one thing we should know & expect?

Is that Snyder isn't going to make this smooth or easy, if he even sells at all.

Every fan including Washington fans want him gone & we don't care how.

Even "some" NFC East fans want him gone & that says a lot.

I can't help but wonder that the only way to get rid of him, will be the 24/32 owners forced sell vote.

I hope it doesn't come to that, cause that will take longer than we want. But this jackass is the worst of the worst & isn't going to make this process easy whatsoever.

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Well, what the hell do I know — as the Athletic just put out an article saying that Bezos is in fact “barred” from bidding on the team. 

Dan Snyder has to be, without a doubt, the biggest jackass on the planet. Teenage girls aren’t as petty as this little twerp.

He’s an idiot. He screwed his own franchise out of 3 or 4 high picks & other picks or players by not trading Kirk to San Fran in 2017, Trent to San Fran in 2019 & Scherff to someone in 2020.

Now this! He’s really going to turn down another several hundred million dollars & the highest bidder bc he doesn’t like Bezos & Wapo?

The NFL has to step in here. The other owners want Bezos. They need to force the sale.