Dan Snyder Is Selling the Washington Franchise

MKnight82

7 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I just hope the owner does the right thing and if he isn’t keeping this staff hires a young bright up and coming very well respected young GM and allows him to hire his coach. Also after that I hope they hire someone that can actually market this team and rekindle past relationships with guys like John Riggins and others who have soured on the franchise. I just want to be a area scout so I hope they hire someone that makes that happen 🤣🤣🤣

Someone like Kyle Smith perhaps lol

• Like 2

18 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Someone like Kyle Smith perhaps lol

I really enjoyed the players Kyle focused on with his time with Jay and one year with Ron. But I will say they have looked at similar styles and still are trait oriented since so I’m cool because they’ve still gone similar directions with the guys the cover. That said yes I’d love that.

On 2/10/2023 at 6:03 PM, Legend_Kenny4ever said:

On 2/10/2023 at 2:02 PM, Slappy Mc said:

This is very important because it means that Ron and Co are not actually safe. The new owners could make sweeping changes immediately, which is something most of us thought wouldn't happen. It was assumed at least one more year of Ron and Co.

These next 4 weeks will be real interesting.

Edited by Slappy Mc

53 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

This is very important because it means that Ron and Co are not actually safe. The new owners could make sweeping changes immediately, which is something most of us thought wouldn't happen. It was assumed at least one more year of Ron and Co.

These next 4 weeks will be real interesting.

I think that would be a huge mistake.  We’re too late in the process to make changes like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I think that would be a huge mistake.  We’re too late in the process to make changes like that.

Yeah they can’t be in that type of rush. Part of me is wondering if that’s the appeal of this job for Bienemy because if he was too come here and maximize this offense and the players love him he could fast track himself into a job where he’s already familiar with his players and that’s a huge advantage for a coach being familiar with the players and personel

51 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

The longer we go without a new owner, the more the skeptic in me says that Snyder stays for another year at least. 

They just announced it in like October. There is no way it was going to be sold before the owners meetings. It took the Broncos like a year to be sold I think. 

23 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

The other side of the argument is that a lame duck coach and staff does this team no good either.

I don't know the answer here, but I do know long term, Rivera is not the guy.  He is a path to average.  And I think our reaction to a change would depend on who the change is.  If they did get Payton or someone of his coaching class, you might change your tune.

1 minute ago, offbyone said:

The other side of the argument is that a lame duck coach and staff does this team no good either.

I don't know the answer here, but I do know long term, Rivera is not the guy.  He is a path to average.  And I think our reaction to a change would depend on who the change is.  If they did get Payton or someone of his coaching class, you might change your tune.

That doesn't matter.  Even if Rivera isn't the answer it is better to let him stay for 1 more season then to enter the HC market after all of the good candidates have been gobbled up, and we hire an inferior prospect who we are stuck with for like 4 years.  

47 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That doesn't matter.  Even if Rivera isn't the answer it is better to let him stay for 1 more season then to enter the HC market after all of the good candidates have been gobbled up, and we hire an inferior prospect who we are stuck with for like 4 years.  

This! Also, lets see what Riv can do with a FA Budget. Might as well see....

Look I think we’re all old enough to know how the media game goes. You flood the air with takes on both sides. This week the sale rumors then the week after sale strains. Every week will seesaw narrative and you either ride and react to each side or you just have your stance. You either have hope and believe the sale is coming or don’t because the PTSD of Snyder and this is the rug about to pull out again for hope moving forward.

Either way I think it’s been clear for 5 years this day has been coming. Dan was gauging stadium things while Bruce was here. The fact he couldn’t get it done tells you that no matter if Dan snakes his way into another season the NFL wants the market revenue of the DMV market it’s not getting due to this teams blunders mismanagement and lack of professional heading. so if Ron and Dan have another year it ultimately ends the same. They will oust him and they will deal with the suit from Snyder and get their Bezos wish one way or the other. 

• Like 1