NCAA Basketball Thread (2023-24)

beekay414

Refs wanted Michigan to win this game. Called an obvious shot block goaltending. Missed multiple traveling calls on Hunter Dickerson at least 2-3 of them in the last 3 minutes of the game. Gave Michigan the ball on a play where the ball went off the Michigan player. 

College refs always remind us how bad they’re 

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Leaky Black with 16 FGA's in the most important game of the season...

There's just no offensive structure. It's straight up playground ball jack up awful shots. Manek hid so many issues with his ability to fire off and hit shots. Without him, it's just a bunch of Brandon Jennings out there. 

On 11/7/2022 at 11:53 AM, beekay414 said:

I'm in a really cool college fantasy league. Two periods a week, so multiple matchups each week. You play someone Monday thru Thursday and then another team for the weekend set. If you get two games from a player, per period, you get their average production, not both games' totals. Example is I get TJD 2x this first period but I miss out on him this weekend. You get multiple payouts too. It's 54 teams with three 18 team pods and then we get put in conferences. So you get a payout if you win your conference regular season, a payout if you win the conference tourney, a payout at certain points in the NCAA Tourney and then you get the big payout if you win it all. You also get a chance to get your money back if you don't make the tournament by winning the NIT. It's awesome. 18 man rosters, so you can choose to go any way you want with your team. I decided that I'd rather gamble on high upside guys in the middle-to-late rounds once I got my core guys and I took Graham Ike in the 4th since he's a top 5 pick when healthy. My team is LOADED if the upside plays work out.

Listed in order of how they were drafted by position. I had the 3rd pick and took TJD.

Guards: Tyree Appleby (WF), Joseph Girard (CUSE), Jordan Walsh (ARK), Malachi Smith (DAYT), Chucky Hepburn (WIS), Boogie Ellis (USC), Isaiah Stevens (CSU), Justyn Fernandez (GMASON)

Forwards: Trayce Jackson-Davis (IND), KJ Williams (LSU), GG Jackson (SCAR), Graham Ike (WYO), Mouhamed Gueye (WAZZU), Keion Brooks (WASH), Tre Mitchell (WVU), Mark Mitchell (DUKE), Julian Phillips (TEN), Max Agbonkpolo (WYO)

You start 3 guards, 2 forwards, a forward/center slot and 2 flex spots. Bigs are more important since you get bonus points for double doubles. 

I know nobody cares but I actually won this league lol. Final roster was a bit different but I turned an $80 buy-in into $1550 payout. 

Final roster was...

Guards: Tyree Appleby (Wake), Khalil Brantley (La Salle), Isaiah Stevens (Colorado St), RJ Felton (ECU), Joe Girard (Cuse), Isaiah Hill (Fresno St), RJ Luis (UMass), Tony Perkins (Iowa), Max Shulga (Utah St)

Forwards: Trayce Jackson-Davis (Indiana), GG Jackson (SCar), KJ Williams (LSU), Matt Cross (UMass), Keion Brooks (Washington), Noah Clowney (Alabama), Mouhamed Gueye (Wazzu), Oso Ighodaro (Marquette), Efe Odigie (SMU)

Based on Lunardi's current bracket, my Final Four would be...

(MW1) Kansas vs (W4) Xavier
(S1) Alabama vs (E1) Houston

Would be a pretty boring result but hard to project the strength of the matchups right now. I think Kansas is a lock. The West is going to be chaotic if that's the bracket and Xavier, even with no Freemantle, has the firepower to come out of it. Alabama is the clear cut best team in the South region since I do not believe in Purdue's guard play whatsover and K-State is the 3 seed. Houston comes out of the strongest bracket IMO. The East should provide the most fun matchups based on how Lunardi has them right now (Illinois-Arkansas, Saint Mary's-Oral Roberts, Duke-Rutgers, Tennessee will lose to Louisiana, Iowa-Pittsburgh would be a barnburner).