Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

Some very plugged in people have said this draft only has 15-20 1st round prospects. By those numbers, a low 1st is as good as a second to me and I’d be fine with GB taking Washington down there if it means not missing him in the 2nd round. 

The Eric Stokes strategy. 

As much as I would enjoy JSN in the first… given how many WRs in this class meet the Packers measurables at the position, I find it hard that they would go this way.

I think there are guys in the 2nd-4th round range they could get. And there are some lottery ticket types that I’m sure GB would love to use all those 7th rounders on.

Just seems less and less likely to me.

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

As much as I would enjoy JSN in the first… given how many WRs in this class meet the Packers measurables at the position, I find it hard that they would go this way.

I think there are guys in the 2nd-4th round range they could get. And there are some lottery ticket types that I’m sure GB would love to use all those 7th rounders on.

Just seems less and less likely to me.

I don't think he's in consideration, either. 

I think we're looking at OT, EDGE, CB or Quentin Johnston.

Based on nothing more than the PFF mock machine (which just went mostly behind a damn paywall) - we’re looking at Paris Johnson and LVN a lot. I usually see Quentin Johnston and Devon Witherspoon gone, who are the only two WR/CBs I would want there. 

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't think he's in consideration, either. 

I think we're looking at OT, EDGE, CB or Quentin Johnston.

Yeah I think Joey porter jr might be a pick that “shocks” people for GB. But if they move Douglas to S… Alexander, Stokes and Porter is a good group of 3.

The OTs are obvious… mainly Johnson jr. The edge, is highly based on what “style” you like. LVN makes sense given how GB has been drafting lately at the position.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I would be shocked if Green Bay spends a 1st on a TE or a WR without having two first round picks in hand.  With two, all bets are off however.

Assuming you mean pick 15. All bets off with a trade down, too I'd say.

I think Quentin Johnston is very much in the conversation at 15 if he's sitting there though.

Has anyone dug into the reasons Van Ness at Iowa didn't start many games?  Was it a rotation?, too raw of a player?

The guy could go in the top 15, and you think they'd get him on the field as much as possible?  Just curious!!

12 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Has anyone dug into the reasons Van Ness at Iowa didn't start many games?  Was it a rotation?, too raw of a player?

The guy could go in the top 15, and you think they'd get him on the field as much as possible?  Just curious!!

I don’t know what keeps LVN from starting but CMIII had same issue. He was a rotational guy early his last year at USC. Didn’t start until late that year.

3 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

One thing about those Iowa guys. They come NFL-ready. If the Packers draft him, it likely won't take him long to contribute.  

Same can be said about LaPorta. I think he's right there with the other flex guys but he doesn't get talked about as much.