Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Im not sure I learned a lot there ha

Yeah, no not really. Be more useful if there wasnt a plug opposite him that could ask him to expound. 

I just thought it was interesting that he was so torn on what he was seeing. Points out how he can jump a mile but doesnt high point well.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Like this channel. Good breakdowns 

I am digging what I have seen.  There was another guy that I watched last night go in on TEs.  I am 90% sure it is a different guy.  I will see if I can find it when I get off work.  Pretty good.  

Also a guy that I watched a lot last year, a Ravens fan and a HS coach, I think.  https://www.youtube.com/@sip2tally/videos   I think he does a pretty good job of breaking it down, so a noob like me can understand.

• Like 1

Just a quick note to advise that this year I'm not taking part in any of the pre-draft stuff. Not that I was ever big on it, but this year I'm gonna just read along - see your opinions and such - and check out the highlights of the players we actually draft.

15 minutes ago, Leader said:

Just a quick note to advise that this year I'm not taking part in any of the pre-draft stuff. Not that I was ever big on it, but this year I'm gonna just read along - see your opinions and such - and check out the highlights of the players we actually draft.

Couldnt do it and then not get your draft crushes in the end huh? 

1 minute ago, HighCalebR said:

Couldnt do it and then not get your draft crushes in the end huh? 

Couldnt do what? My point is I dont have any draft crushes. The only player that I've actually watched video on is Mr. 0 - Washington. That's it. I'm just gonna let it happen and check out who we draft once we actually draft them.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Couldnt do what? My point is I dont have any draft crushes. The only player that I've actually watched video on is Mr. 0 - Washington. That's it. I'm just gonna let it happen and check out who we draft once we actually draft them.

Watch prospects. End up liking them just for the Packers not to take them.  Thats my point. Thats it. Jfc guy.

2 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Watch prospects. End up liking them just for the Packers not to take them.  Thats my point. Thats it. Jfc guy.

LOL....no. That's not it at all. I'm never "sad" when/if the Packers dont select a player I like. Do you take this process personally for some reason? I dont follow college football as closely as many others on here, so I've never gotten involved in this end process as much as you all do. So, I'll simply read along and check out the players after we draft them.

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Steve smith re: Quentin Johnston

Good thing GB isn’t likely to draft him… there are so many guys that meet their metrics I doubt they draft a guy in the first. At this point all I can see is them trading into the end of the first if they feel like they need to, to get Hyatt from Tennessee.

Otherwise there are guys like the kid from Virginia, Iowa state, and the standford kid Wilson…. That can be had from like 2nd round on.

it really feels like edge or OT is the first round trade, maybe CB. If they stay at 15.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

LOL....no. That's not it at all. I'm never "sad" when/if the Packers dont select a player I like. Do you take this process personally for some reason? I dont follow college football as closely as many others on here, so I've never gotten involved in this end process as much as you all do. So, I'll simply read along and check out the players after we draft them.

You telling me youre not still a little upset about the Pickens ordeal? You literally just brought it up somewhere.

I get about as upset about not getting "my guys" as i do about losing a coin flip. Its just a neat thing.

Just trying a little friendly banter with ya, guy, dont know what else you were looking for with your "quick update" because nobody really cares if a stranger on the internet likes to watch prospects. 

16 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Good thing GB isn’t likely to draft him… there are so many guys that meet their metrics I doubt they draft a guy in the first. At this point all I can see is them trading into the end of the first if they feel like they need to, to get Hyatt from Tennessee.

Otherwise there are guys like the kid from Virginia, Iowa state, and the standford kid Wilson…. That can be had from like 2nd round on.

it really feels like edge or OT is the first round trade, maybe CB. If they stay at 15.

This seems like a REALLY shallow draft for WRs that fit our metrics. Which makes me think QJ is even more valued than normal.