Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

7 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Remember when the one guy a few years ago just kept trading and had like 30 seventh round picks?  LOL

I predict two trade downs by Gute this year before we select a player. This team needs as many picks as it can get from late first to mids. The tight ends and safety runs happen between our current early picks.

We will need to support each other when the trade downs kill our dreams.

8 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

And if anyone can point me in the direction of this year's Zach Tom, Allen Babre, or that lumberjack dude, that is my favorite OL.  Cody Mauch is built too much like Dean Lowry to be one of my guys.

Not saying this will be the answer for your OL but checkout Nick Saldiveri and Sidy Sow. 

8 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Zach Kuntz is under the radar, but he is a mammoth, and I like having him as a lottery ticket.

That 10 RAS must look very good to Gute............maybe even more so after passing on Center Creed Humphrey (also a 10 RAS), to draft Myers in 2021 and comparing their career arcs since.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

1 hour ago, R T said:

Not saying this will be the answer for your OL but checkout Nick Saldiveri and Sidy Sow. 

Saldiveri has been a staple of my draft simulations when I don't go OL in the first.  He seems to tick the boxes at the time when I am a bit lost in those scenarios.  

46 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Saldiveri has been a staple of my draft simulations when I don't go OL in the first.  He seems to tick the boxes at the time when I am a bit lost in those scenarios.  

Don't know if D2 guys are of interest at all but Jake Witt from Northern Michigan is a deep sleeper in this draft. A lot to work with here.  

The 6'7" athlete now weighs over 300 pounds. Yet he ran a 4.89-second 40-yard dash at his pro day. The former basketball player's 37-inch vertical and 10'3" broad jump would have either tied or bested the top numbers ever for the position at the combine since the NFL began to reveal the results.

10 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Remember when the one guy a few years ago just kept trading and had like 30 seventh round picks?  LOL

You weren't supposed to catch my failed draft there. Kincaid and Zay are both slots, I just couldn't help myself and was in an Uber home from the bar a little tipsy. 

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

2 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

You weren't supposed to catch my failed draft there. Kincaid and Zay are both slots, I just couldn't help myself and was in an Uber home from the bar a little tipsy. 

Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Haha, I was just getting home from the Cardinals game, myself.  

Just a lot of trades.  But I swear that one guy tried to do an absurd Thompson draft and had a ton of 7ths, it was pretty funny.

Kincaid and Zay are neither my cup of tea.  But I wouldn't be worried about them playing similar roles in an offense.  I don't think they are that one dimensional that they couldn't make it work.  Nothing about Kincaid tells me he can't line up like an outside WR like we have done in the past with Finley and Tonyan.  And likewise, I think they could utilize Flowers in many of the same ways that Cobb has been used in the past, if Kincaid (or Watson or Doubs) were lined up in the slot.

• Like 1

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

Haha, I was just getting home from the Cardinals game, myself.  

Just a lot of trades.  But I swear that one guy tried to do an absurd Thompson draft and had a ton of 7ths, it was pretty funny.

Kincaid and Zay are neither my cup of tea.  But I wouldn't be worried about them playing similar roles in an offense.  I don't think they are that one dimensional that they couldn't make it work.  Nothing about Kincaid tells me he can't line up like an outside WR like we have done in the past with Finley and Tonyan.  And likewise, I think they could utilize Flowers in many of the same ways that Cobb has been used in the past, if Kincaid (or Watson or Doubs) were lined up in the slot.

Me and my incomplete thoughts...

This team needs pass catchers.  Right now, we have Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs, and Aaron Jones.  Nobody else on the roster has surpassed 400 yards on a season.  And if you eliminate AJ Dillon, that number drops to 300 yards.  So we are counting on players increasing their productivity, and some new targets as well.  I don't think that the best fit for each guy is as big of a concern as just getting some gross production at this point.  

9 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

This team needs pass catchers.  Right now, we have Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs, and Aaron Jones.  Nobody else on the roster has surpassed 400 yards on a season.  And if you eliminate AJ Dillon, that number drops to 300 yards.  So we are counting on players increasing their productivity, and some new targets as well.  I don't think that the best fit for each guy is as big of a concern as just getting some gross production at this point.  

Fair point. I like the idea of WR/TE early I just don't like the pairing as much with Kincaid and Zay. I'm not sure how well Zay would work on the boundary at his size. 

13 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

We'll still need more but JSN could do wonders for that stat if they want to go that route, but you are right we need more help than that.

40 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Fair point. I like the idea of WR/TE early I just don't like the pairing as much with Kincaid and Zay. I'm not sure how well Zay would work on the boundary at his size. 

I am more in the camp of Kincaid is too rich for my blood, but I really don't like Zay, so there is that.  :D

33 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

We'll still need more but JSN could do wonders for that stat if they want to go that route, but you are right we need more help than that.

I really do like JSN.  I think he is going to be good.  But one thing to note, if Jarrett Boykin has taught us anything, volume of targets does wonders for production.  So while I was calling for more pass catchers, we don't necessarily need tip-top superstar guys.

29 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I am more in the camp of Kincaid is too rich for my blood, but I really don't like Zay, so there is that.  :D

Totally fair. I wouldn't mad with Zay instead of Kincaid or whoever they deem to be the better wr/te. I took Kincaid because he fell so far and I'm a homer. Pass catcher early is all I ask 

Edited by PackFan13

Also, I want to add that I am still pretty high on Samori Toure. He had very limited action last season, and with the departure of Lazard, Tonyan, and probably Cobb, and even Watkins, there will be a lot more targets to spread around.  Again, I am not projecting a super star or anything, but nothing I saw from him last season suggests that he is bad and needs to be replaced.