Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

24 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Jones tends to open his hips instead of moving his feet.  The athleticism is there.  Watching him get out front on outside zone runs is really fun.  He is good at it.

I think Johnson has really good feet.  He tends to jump outside extremely quick and gets beat sometimes with inside counters.  I think he is strong enough, just needs more time playing LT.  Last year was his first at the position.  He would be my first choice of the OT's.

Skoronski also has really good feet.  I am not as high on him as the others as it seems to me like he holds an awful lot.  Didn't get called for it much at the college level, but that is what I see.  If we draft him, I hope I am completely wrong.

Wright looks like a good pass blocker but not as good in the run game as I would expect for someone his size at the college level.  I do think he fits a more power run oriented team rather than outside zone that we run.

Pjs frame can easily handle another 10 to 15 pounds without much loss to athleticism. Agree with your overall assessment of him. His tendency is to overplay the outside thing and is out of position for inside moves is more in the head than the feet, he is light on his feet but they are often out of position. 

Edited by HokieHigh

26 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Any Clemson rusher should scare the heck out of you. Don't think there's a success story yet. 

It is so strange how that unit fell apart last year. Reasonable knock on murphy and bresee. 

Just so much talent

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

So who's the Brian Brohm we're taking in the second round?

Don't know if you missed it but after his 30-visit I did a Hendon Hooker comparison to Brian Brohm coming out of college, very similar resumes. Hope it doesn't happen, but with all the other Favre/Rodgers/Love parallels is it destiny they draft Hooker with the 45th pick? 

5 minutes ago, R T said:

Don't know if you missed it but after his 30-visit I did a Hendon Hooker comparison to Brian Brohm coming out of college, very similar resumes. Hope it doesn't happen, but with all the other Favre/Rodgers/Love parallels is it destiny they draft Hooker with the 45th pick? 

I did miss that. I've been meaning to bring up taking a QB somewhat early for a while now and now that this is over I'm finally kind of in draft mode for the last couple days we have.

Was it in this thread? Maybe I can find it.

I like Hooker and I'm kind of a closet Tennessee fan because their coach being from South Dakota. And I ******* love that offense but how the hell do you project that. Tools are there though but yeah he's old too. And probably has to sit a while on top of it. Can't remember what his injury was anymore either.

Edited by Norm

53 minutes ago, MacReady said:

The only three scenarios I see as a good draft:

1. We trade up to take one of the premier EDGE rushers.
2. One of the premier EDGE rushers, Carter, Weatherspoon or Gonzalez falls to 13th overall pick and we select them (this being the most likely outcome).
3. We are very high on the OT we select 13th overall.

No JSN for you? 

I can't say I would be thrilled taking another corner in the first. I don't think Witherspoon makes it past 7 either, or wherever zona trades down to. Big crush onm Gonzalez so I wouldnt be angry

9 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Gute will take a guy that we aren't talking about.  We'll all be pissed like WTH Gute?  We'll hate the pick and the kid will turn out to have a HOF career.  Be par for the course. 

Welcome to Green Bay, Bijan Robinson.  

1 minute ago, Norm said:

My father disowned me last night when I said I would be so hyped if we did this. 

I am in on this too. Wouldn't want to pass up an edge, but if the board falls poorly then why not. I think he can be the best RB in the NFL by year 2

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

I did miss that. I've been meaning to bring up taking a QB somewhat early for a while now and now that this is over I'm finally kind of in draft mode for the last couple days we have.

I like Hooker and I'm kind of a closet Tennessee fan because their coach being from South Dakota. And I ******* love that offense but how the hell do you project that. Tools are there though but yeah he's old too. And probably has to sit a while on top of it. Can't remember what his injury was anymore either.

The offenses are the big similarity between the two, both played in college offenses that have not projected well to the NFL with regard to success for QB's.

10 minutes ago, Norm said:

Hooker tore his acl. i always liked hooker at VT, bummer hokies couldnt provide him stability he deserved. Made a good choice to transfer. 

Jordan love is younger than hendon hooker.

I would suggest to never put Love and hooker together... in the same locker room.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, R T said:

The offenses are the big similarity between the two, both played in college offenses that have not projected well to the NFL with regard to success for QB's.

Trying to pull Brian Brohm college days out of my brain but I've erased them. I've never been more upset over a pick, but it was for really stupid reasons. He twice lost me a boatload of money as a broke 20 year old betting on/against him. But yeah I vaguely remember the offense. 

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:
2 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I just don't love the OTs :(

IMO the only OT worth 13 is Paris

Paris is worth a top 3 pick. He'll be long gone. Wright is worth a top 7 pick, we'd be lucky if he's there. Jones is probably worth a top 20-25 pick, he'd be an upside pick at 13. Harrison is in that same range and fits our mold at OT really nicely. Very high upside there as well, definitely in play at 13.

Skoronski is iffy. Best college player of the bunch but unclear if he'll transition smoothly to NFL. His college production warrants a top 15 pick as well, but his projection inside might make him drop a lot. 

This is a stud OT class in the first round. There's 5 legitimate prospects who could easily be worth a top 15 pick. There will be some good value there later in the first round.

Edited by incognito_man