Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

IDK, I kinda want Bresee or Carter.

I still feel like the value is shifting to IDL.

I'm liking that five wide look. Five wide/five down linemen whatever it's called.

Just get yourself a tweener, maybe Quay could do it even with our new defensive coordinator. Clark isn't going to finish out his contract here, so it's not like we'll be overloaded on IDL anyway.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm liking that five wide look. Five wide/five down linemen whatever it's called.

Just get yourself a tweener, maybe Quay could do it even with our new defensive coordinator. Clark isn't going to finish out his contract here, so it's not like we'll be overloaded on IDL anyway.

Don't see us being in range of Carter and don't see us moving up for him in a decent QB draft. I do like Bresee though. I am in on DT, OT, EDGE

Edited by JBURGE

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

REALLY got to dig deep to find a loss to one of LAR/DET. 

6-11 seems like a reasonable goal. 

I have a hard time seeing a loss to LAR. But Detroit has enough weapons that they could drop that one. Especially if it's too cold for the thumb.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Don't see us being in range of Carter and don't see us moving up for him in a decent QB draft. I do like Bresee though. I am in on DT, OT, EDGE

Odds are one of them gets to our range.

Yeah I think Bresee has a better chance for sure. Never upset adding a (premium) big.

Edited by JBURGE

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Bresee and Carter will be drafted in the top 5-8 players....we probably will be drafting between pick 11 - 15.

56 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Bresee and Carter will be drafted in the top 5-8 players....we probably will be drafting between pick 11 - 15.

There are three potential DB, two lock QBs, 3 potential WR, a potential TE, 2-3 potential OT. Add in late risers and never underestimating a dumb team drafting the scouting combine’s fastest skill position and I can guarantee one of those two players is going to be available when we pick.

I'm a no to IDL with our first pick.  Nothing against them, we just don't seem to ever play a defensive scheme that allows these guys to dominate a game like other teams do.

But, if yesterday showed me anything it is the fact that we need another EDGE player.  Zero pass rush from the EDGE all day long.  And that is going against the Bears tackles for the love of God.

Without Gary, we have no pass rush.  And we have no pressure package that can free guys up.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Agreed.   We should have drafted the Edge last year in the 1st. 

Karlaftis would have helped a bunch this year.

Not disagreeing with you at all.   I've come around to wanting EDGE guys early and often.

But I did watch the Chiefs game yesterday.  Heard the commentators say that Karlaftis has been "disappointing".

Looks like 12 games played.  2.5 sacks.  22 combined tackles.  QB hits at 7.

Comparitively...Engbare.  13 games played.  2 sacks.  22 combined tackles.  QB hits at 4.

I've got no clue if either one of those guys is going to be a high end EDGE, but my point is that maybe Karlaftis isn't quite all that this year.

30 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

That may be but it wouldn't be fair if I were to change the pick now.

He was the one I would have picked last April.

In the old, for what it's worth thing....

#1, I respect you for stating you would have picked him, still.

#2, I would have taken Johnson from FSU.  And I don't think he's done squat.  2.5 sacks.  18 combined tackles.  3 QB hits.  (I had to look it up)

10 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

REALLY got to dig deep to find a loss to one of LAR/DET. 

6-11 seems like a reasonable goal. 

There's a good argument that the Lions are a better overall team than GB right now. Their precision on offense is pretty impressive and their D has played better since they booted Pleasant (who LaFleur then rushed to add to our staff lol).