Week 9 GDT: Colts @ Raiders

NYRaider

Who wins?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Colts

2 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Also they are used strategically to keep teams from loading up in the box and to keep edge players honest so they can’t just crash in every play. The jet sweep serves a purpose in this offense. Just need our handsomely paid LT to execute. 

Right.  Weird to complain about a play call the clearly worked but your best olineman blew it. Say I hate jmd, without saying I hate jmd,  I guess. 

5 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Also they are used strategically to keep teams from loading up in the box and to keep edge players honest so they can’t just crash in every play. The jet sweep serves a purpose in this offense. Just need our handsomely paid LT to execute. 

You run jet seeps with players like Tyreek Hill not Mack Hollins.  Jet sweeps serve a purpose when you have the proper players running them which we do not.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You run jet seeps with players like Tyreek Hill not Mack Hollins.  Jet sweeps serve a purpose when you have the proper players running them which we do not.

But IF it worked out, nobody would complain, therefore we should not complain. 

The Josh McDaniels Defense Fund must've had a good week of fundraising.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

I do hate JMD and I'm far from subtle about it 

I have been optimistic about JM but the play calling and play overall this season has been beyond pathetic.  That falls on JM and if he needs to start to make adjustments.  I am still giving him a leash but it is getting shorter every week. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

But IF it worked out, nobody would complain, therefore we should not complain. 

The Josh McDaniels Defense Fund must've had a good week of fundraising.

Some people just don't get it.  The guy was trying to explain to me the theory of running a jet sweep...  Trying to validate a jet sweep with Hollins.  Unbelievable 

• Like 1

Just now, dante9876 said:

He watched him the whole route. If they both reading the defender, they should both know what the option is. 

Fair I’ll need to watch it again. I just thought it was a bad pass. Thought Adams was setting up the defender to possibly go long but the guy never turned his hips. 

these are the little things tho that a complicated offense can make things way tougher on the players. If you want Carr scanning the field he can’t be watching defender hips.