WR Mecole Hardman Placed on IR

chiefs82

1 hour ago, HolmesPriest said:

thought he had some ankle problems earlier in the season

It was his heel iirc, but close enough

1 hour ago, RedGold said:

Not to be the mean one… but aside from a body standpoint,  is it that big of a loss.    Toney or probably even Skyy can handle the gadget roll.   

Toney will handle it no problem, but he and Mecole are matchup problems so it’s a decent loss

9 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Toney will handle it no problem, but he and Mecole are matchup problems so it’s a decent loss

Is he though?  I mean aside from the occasional Jet Sweep,  he’s a pretty meh player.   Maybe it’s just 4 straight years of overhyping that has turned me completely off.     Would much rather have Watson out there for anything not gadget related even without the injury.

1 minute ago, RedGold said:

Is he though?  I mean aside from the occasional Jet Sweep,  he’s a pretty meh player.   Maybe it’s just 4 straight years of overhyping that has turned me completely off.     Would much rather have Watson out there for anything not gadget related even without the injury.

Anybody is a matchup problem with 4.3 speed, he was looking good as a traditional receiver until he got hurt too.

overhyping? Who overhyped him? I’ve seen Mahomes yell at him more times for running routes wrong then I’ve seen any hype😂

2 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Anybody is a matchup problem with 4.3 speed, he was looking good as a traditional receiver until he got hurt too.

overhyping? Who overhyped him? I’ve seen Mahomes yell at him more times for running routes wrong then I’ve seen any hype😂

4.3 but he has never really developed into using it downfield.  

overhype is probably the wrong word.   The constant yearly training camp of Mecole tearing it up, and everyone saying this is the year is clicks.    Nah,  he simply is just not natural as a pure WR..   he is a gadget player,  and there is nothing wrong with that at all.  Mecole is just as likely to Bobble/drop/lose track of a ball,  as he is to bring it in.    Give it to him within 5 yards of the LOS and he is a serviceable player. 

5 hours ago, RedGold said:

4.3 but he has never really developed into using it downfield.  

overhype is probably the wrong word.   The constant yearly training camp of Mecole tearing it up, and everyone saying this is the year is clicks.    Nah,  he simply is just not natural as a pure WR..   he is a gadget player,  and there is nothing wrong with that at all.  Mecole is just as likely to Bobble/drop/lose track of a ball,  as he is to bring it in.    Give it to him within 5 yards of the LOS and he is a serviceable player. 

Yeah you don’t have to be a downfield threat to be a matchup problem, he’s always been one within 5 yards of the LOS. I think if he hadn’t hurt his heel he’d be a lot better at the deep game this year, oh well. 

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Hardman has 297yds and 4 TD receiving + 31yds and 2 TD rushing. That's his season total. That comes out to 37yds and .5 TD receiving + 4yds and .25 TD rushing per game (rounding up).

I think we can easily find someone else to do that.

He’s never had a 1000 yard season at any point, going back to HS, and I think he’s only ever had one 100 yard game, going back to HS. 

Yet Veach traded up for him instead of drafting DK or Scary Terry. 

• 2 weeks later...