Week 13 Thread: Leach/Kiffin Thursday, Trojans/ND, and of course The Game

MikeT14

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

It’s all fun and games until the committee takes a 2 loss Alabama who finished 4th in the SEC when TCU or USC lose…then seed UM 1 just so they don’t play Georgia round 1.

I think, with LSU losing, Michigan locked up the 1 seed after dominating Ohio State.

Just now, beekay414 said:

I think, with LSU losing, Michigan locked up the 1 seed after dominating Ohio State.

It depends on who the committee wants Georgia to play and don’t tell me otherwise. Georgia might “earn it back” after the SEC Title Game or else “they’re the defending champs” based upon the 4 seed situation.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

the problem is you’re using logic

which would make you the only person in the process doing that

Purdue will somehow keep the game close and the committee will say that the performances in the conference title games flipped seedings after LSU just disappears and takes one for the conference lol.

With two wins better than any of Georgia’s, I’m not going to like it, but I would imagine Michigan will be ranked #1 on Tuesday. I don’t necessarily think they are better than Georgia, but I can see the résumé for sure. I also think at the end of the day, after championship week, the committee is going to align whatever matchups they deem fit. Merit be damned, LSU best 4-loss team in the country, etc.

A year of firsts for JMU football.

1. First program to transition to FBS in only one season (meaning we didn't play a hybrid FCS/FBS schedule our first year and instead played a full FBS/conference schedule).
  2. First FBS home win vs MTSU
  3. First epic road win @ App State
  4. First top 25 ranking (and first Top 25 ranking ever for a transitioning team)
  5. First home win against a Top 25 team (CCU was ranked #23 and lost 47-7 at JMU)