Week 12: Eagles (9-1) vs the Green Bay COVID Toes (4-7)

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

They were playing one of the worst offenses in the NFL…. Tonight, vs a good offense (#9 in DVOA) we got carved up. That is concerning. Getting pieces back will help, but this isn’t superstars we’re getting back. Important cogs, sure, but in the NFL you can never count on having full health. 

Got the win which is what matters, no arguments there, but this D needs to get better and I guess I’m not positive that getting those guys back fixes things (especially when odds are we lose other guys in that span…)

I am not saying the D doesn't need to get better. I am saying this sky is falling our defense is terrible narrative isn't accurate. Yes, they were bad tonight, and they have been inconsistent in general, but getting back some key guys will be huge. Sure if we lose more guys it could be bad, but imo the guys we are missing are critical. Scott has been horrible in the slot and our run D without Davis has been noticeably worse. 

Just got wait and see. Luckily our offense is absolutely amazing when clicking. As long as the offense stays out of their own way we should be able to compete with anyone.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ACO said:

I am glad you are not worried because I am. They are pulling out the wins which is all that matters but when the level of competition gets harder....

Sure. I think if we were playing say the Bills or Cowboys that our level of focus and play would be higher than playing teams that aren't probably making the playoffs. All these teams that face us are giving us their best shot. Like the Packers were playing to keep their playoff hopes alive. 

I'd actually rather us have to go through a stretch where we aren't just winning games easy and give us more opportunities to face adversity. 

This is far from a perfect team and they gotta tighten some stuff up on defense for sure, but our tackling had been getting better recently and the stats back that up I believe. I like the depth Suh and Joseph are gonna be once Davis is back. Scott is having a lot of trouble covering guys that I don't think Maddox would have. We are more of an opportunistic defense that will get some turnovers, but also give up a decent amount of yards. I'll take a defense like that with what our offense is capable of doing week in and week out. Our tackling needed to improve to mid from how poor it was like the first 8 or 9 weeks. If Davis can come back and our run defense/tackling is average or near it, then I can live with that. 

Can't live with how bad our special teams has been though. That unit has been bad all year practically, so I have a lot less confidence in that unit getting to respectable. We've see really good perfomances from this D too which is evidenced by the fact we were 4th in defensive DVOA coming into this week.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy