Week 12 Thread: (5-6) Falcons at (6-5) Commanders - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

As the season goes on the stark difference in Robinson and Gibson is starting to show. Cutback lanes that Gibson usually doesn’t see Robinson does. I still think this team is doing Gibson a disservice not playing him at WR. 

I think they’ve both complemented each other well. Gibson has had a sneaky good year. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Stock up on draft picks and trade up for Caleb Williams next year

More like let everyone walk in FA:

1. Including Holcomb, Wes S & Heinicke

2. Tag & trade Payne for as good a pick you can get - hopefully a 1st & something else - but even if it’s just a 2nd or an early 3rd and something else I’d take it to have draft picks & to tank for CWill.

3. Cut Wentz

4. Trade Fuller, Gibson, Leno, Logan & Samuel

Don’t sign any high priced FAs.

Sign Kyle Allen to compete w/ Howell to be the starting QB. Don’t sign any high priced FAs, just go with the rest of the guys on the team & draft picks/UDFA’s 

That’s how you tank to the best of your abilities next year in hopes of landing CWill.

13 minutes ago, butz65 said:

You fellas are more clued up than me on the finer points of the game, but was the reason they were running so easily on us down to the fact we were only playing one LB?

Edited by butz65

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Do you want this QB or a QB with a spit shine?

Well, yeah, absolutely. You’re still in the same boat with Minshew or Heinicke, in that neither of them is good enough to matter.

But I feel like he prefaced it by saying something like “if we can’t draft anyone…” Which to me seems somewhat sensible. Would love to draft a guy.

But if we can’t, and we’re just hoping for some random veteran to capture a little magic, why not pay a bit of cash to add Minshew to the mix? You’d be in the position of trying to find someone to win without investing much in them. He's kind of upper middle class Heinicke, and if you’re trying to find someone to have a miracle “Minnesota Case Keenum” type season, he’d be about as good as any. Career passer rating is still right around 94, which is a number Heinicke will almost certainly never even approach over an extended span.

12 minutes ago, butz65 said:

You fellas are more clued up than me on the finer points of the game, but was the reason they were running so easily on us down to the fact we were only playing one LB?

No, it’s because they have an exotic running game. They run a zone read offense w/ Mariota at QB who runs like a RB. Then, they have 2 running backs they throw at you & Patterson who is a RB/WR combo player like Gibson.

On top of that they do jet sweeps and pop passes to their WRs as well as part of the run game. Basically any type of running variation an offense could run, they do it.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Well, yeah, absolutely. You’re still in the same boat with Minshew or Heinicke, in that neither of them is good enough to matter.

But I feel like he prefaced it by saying something like “if we can’t draft anyone…” Which to me seems somewhat sensible. Would love to draft a guy.

But if we can’t, and we’re just hoping for some random veteran to capture a little magic, why not pay a bit of cash to add Minshew to the mix? You’d be in the position of trying to find someone to win without investing much in them. He's kind of upper middle class Heinicke, and if you’re trying to find someone to have a miracle “Minnesota Case Keenum” type season, he’d be about as good as any. Career passer rating is still right around 94, which is a number Heinicke will almost certainly never even approach over an extended span.

I don’t hate the idea of signing Minshew to compete w/ Heinicke & Howell but if Ron doesn’t draft a QB this year, he’s going to re-sign Heinicke. I actually wouldn’t be shocked if Rivera doesn’t ask Wentz to take a pay cut to stay & he could earn the pay cut he takes back through incentives.

That’s not what I’d do. I’d draft someone or tank in hopes of being bad enough & being able to draft Caleb Williams #1 overall in the 2024 draft but we all know Rivera isn’t doing that. 😂 

1 hour ago, taylor made said:

Zach Wilson was also 3-10 last year with a less than 70 QB rating. What was Taylor? 

My point is Taylor is doing just fine and he didn't need to be benched at half. 

You’re right, I was wrong, although I am clamoring for a Sam Howell sighting if we’re ever eliminated from playoff contention.

• Like 1