Week 12 Thread: (5-6) Falcons at (6-5) Commanders - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

3 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Jahan Dotson was pretty non-existent this game. Did this have anything to do with his hamstring and the field condition maybe? He was hurt when Heinicke first came in and since he's been back him and Heinicke do not seem to have much of a connection. I think Wentz had a better connection with Dotson. Will be interesting to watch going forward. I'd like for him to have the same connection with Dotson that he does with McLaurin, because they can do a lot of the same things and it takes the pressure off of McLaurin. 

Dotson does look like he can play, I would like to see more balls thrown his way, he does have something IMHO.

3 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Jahan Dotson was pretty non-existent this game. Did this have anything to do with his hamstring and the field condition maybe? He was hurt when Heinicke first came in and since he's been back him and Heinicke do not seem to have much of a connection. I think Wentz had a better connection with Dotson. Will be interesting to watch going forward. I'd like for him to have the same connection with Dotson that he does with McLaurin, because they can do a lot of the same things and it takes the pressure off of McLaurin. 

I noticed that also. Dotson was more involved early on with Wentz. The connection will eventually materialize as both continue to play together. I think TH has more trust with McLaurin right now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Might just be another Jamin Davis situation. Kinda wish we would’ve just picked Devon Lloyd after the trade down. 

Nah, Jahan is a baller. I personally don't think they are the same at all. Jamin wasn't ready to play last year and needed to learn. Jahan was ready as soon as he walked into the facility. Carson had good chemistry with him because he was his #1 all offseason when Terry wasn't there. He had 4 TD's in 4 weeks. He showed he was good, now we're running the ball all the time and when we throw it's clear who TH wants to throw to (which is who needs to be getting as many targets as possible) but when you don't throw a ton there's only so many targets for him to be had with how the offense is running currently. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

If only we had 2012 rg3 this year .

What's the old saying if it's not broke don't fix. But I understand what you are saying we jus to ride the TH ship until it sinks and it will sink eventually meanwhile just enjoy the ride.

3 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

If only we had 2012 rg3 this year .

Yeah, I always point out that our talent on D wasn’t really good for most of the Shanahan years & Gruden years sometimes bc of injuries & sometimes bc they didn’t really address that side of the ball very well.

Would’ve been nice to see RG3 & Kirk play w/ this D supporting them.