QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

7 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Odell would be a relatively cheap addition. Would save money bringing him in and cutting Corey. He’s fully healthy now too. He was fire when he was at the rams prior to the injury, 

I think me and you are the only two people who like OBJ and LJ. Lol 

4 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

So basically it is going to come down to this: Packers ask for No. 13 overall in 2023; Jets counter with a 2024 first-rounder. 

There's a pretty substantial difference in value between the two.

28 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

He didn’t cause any distractions in LA. I think playing with Rodgers would be perfect for him. 

You’d think an alpha would help. But wasn’t Manning an alpha in NY and he was still all about him. Maybe some time away helped him. But the CLE OBJ I want nothing to do with.

25 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's a pretty substantial difference in value between the two.

Except the way I see it is GB has 1 suitor. So they don’t have much leverage. They want a 1st….. my guess is they have to take on a decent portion of that contract. So as a GB fan it’s more of if it’s worth that 1st to have a guy winning for another team going against your cap?

What’s everyone’s thoughts on if they think we already have a trade agreed to with GB and that’s why we’re allowed to visit him? Or do you think GB let him visit us without knowing a trade package and decide even if he wants to join to start discussing a trade?

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He wants a record deal AND you gotta give up 2 1s to get it done. No team is gonna do that and they shouldn't. 

Agreed. BAL is in essence calling his bluff. Saying you think you’ll get a fully guaranteed deal? Go get it. Otherwise come down to earth and accept the offer we’ve offered you

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on if they think we already have a trade agreed to with GB and that’s why we’re allowed to visit him? Or do you think GB let him visit us without knowing a trade package and decide even if he wants to join to start discussing a trade?

I think Green Bay and us agreed to the compensation to avoid Rodgers and the Jets colluding to get a lesser deal. 

10 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Except the way I see it is GB has 1 suitor. So they don’t have much leverage. They want a 1st….. my guess is they have to take on a decent portion of that contract. So as a GB fan it’s more of if it’s worth that 1st to have a guy winning for another team going against your cap?

And the way I see it is if the Jets miss out on Aaron Rodgers, they're probably on the outside looking in with the QB carousel unless you're wanting to spend big money on Jimmy G.

The problem with the Packers eating more of Rodgers' cap hit is that they're already going to have a $40.3M dead cap if they trade him.  And they're around $16M in cap space right now.  That along with their draft class pretty much eats their entire cap space away.  And the only real notable contracts that they can alter to address their cap space is the Bakhtiari contract.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think Green Bay and us agreed to the compensation to avoid Rodgers and the Jets colluding to get a lesser deal. 

This.  There's no way a team allows another team to talk to their player without having a rough framework in place.