QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

26 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I think we end up trading our 2nd this year and a conditional 4th (can turn into a 2nd if Rodgers plays another year). Really interested, outside of the probable Rodgers move, what else we do this off-season. 

I think the problem is we can’t really attack free agency like I hoped we would because we don’t know for sure what AR is doing. 

Even if for arguments sake the deal is done and this waiting around is for certain contractual things to be finalised or if it’s because of Aaron’s ego like Packers fans keep telling us.

We really need players around the league to know what’s happening so we can start the pitches. Let’s be honest…unless we got AR or Lamar there’s not many FA’s who are going to be giving up a discount to ring chase with us. 

1 hour ago, KimuraGod said:

I think the problem is we can’t really attack free agency like I hoped we would because we don’t know for sure what AR is doing. 

Even if for arguments sake the deal is done and this waiting around is for certain contractual things to be finalised or if it’s because of Aaron’s ego like Packers fans keep telling us.

We really need players around the league to know what’s happening so we can start the pitches. Let’s be honest…unless we got AR or Lamar there’s not many FA’s who are going to be giving up a discount to ring chase with us. 

if he's still on the fence by the 13th when the "tampering" period starts, it's time to move on.  enough with being the little cucks for aaron rodgers and waiting on his decision.  this isn't high school.  

1 minute ago, Heymangold said:

if he's still on the fence by the 13th when the "tampering" period starts, it's time to move on.  enough with being the little cucks for aaron rodgers and waiting on his decision.  this isn't high school.  

Agree mate. I’d go as far to say Friday is the cut off for me. Not leaving it till the last minute before FA tampering. Give us the weekend to get **** sorted so we can start Monday knowing what plan is set. 

Today is the day though I can feel it…..

6 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Agree mate. I’d go as far to say Friday is the cut off for me. Not leaving it till the last minute before FA tampering. Give us the weekend to get **** sorted so we can start Monday knowing what plan is set. 

I agree mate

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

I think it was/is important to not rush Rodgers. But it will reach a point where they need an answer and Rodgers knows that. So I expect something today or tomorrow at the latest.

Hopefully it's him a Jet. 

• Like 1

I think this is what's going on now.

1. Rodgers hasn't told GB and NYJ what his decision is yet. But I expect that today (or maybe it happened sometimes later yesterday).

2. There was a vague agreement to let Rodgers visit us. Nothing in stone. Juts knew we were in the same ballpark.

3. This is me being optimistic... that if he did tell us he wants to come to us, that once it has become real for GB, they upped what they wanted. And the Jets in turn either haven't wavered from that vague offer or even have lowered it bc GB at that point lost all leverage. And they're now struggling to come to an agreement. Likely GB wanting a 1st when JD is saying no. And even more about GB possibly picking up some of the contract the higher the trade value discussed. 

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports "there's optimism in the Jets’ organization that they are on the brink" of acquiring Aaron Rodgers. 

Jets officials, including owner Woody Johnson, met with Rodgers in "extensive" talks this week, according to Russini, and Johnson left the sit-down "excited and satisfied" with Rodgers' potential fit in the Jets offense. Russini said the Packers and Jets "remain engaged in conversations about compensation and contract" and that "those conversation already started before the meeting." With the Packers reportedly ready to move on from their longtime quarterback, Rodgers could become a Jet in the coming days -- barring a last-minute change of heart for the mercurial QB. The Jordan Love era in Green Bay seems close at hand, and the Zach Wilson era in New York appears over. 

There it is boys. I think it gets done today. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Let’s be honest…unless we got AR or Lamar there’s not many FA’s who are going to be giving up a discount to ring chase with us. 

I do not think that matters all that much this year.  Regardless of who is under center for the Jets, we will not be going after big name FA's.  Saleh alluded to this and the cap space suggests this.  The point is that I do not think who we sign to play QB for us is going to impact FA all that much such that there is not a plan in place already.

33 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

ESPN's Dianna Russini reports "there's optimism in the Jets’ organization that they are on the brink" of acquiring Aaron Rodgers. 

Jets officials, including owner Woody Johnson, met with Rodgers in "extensive" talks this week, according to Russini, and Johnson left the sit-down "excited and satisfied" with Rodgers' potential fit in the Jets offense. Russini said the Packers and Jets "remain engaged in conversations about compensation and contract" and that "those conversation already started before the meeting." With the Packers reportedly ready to move on from their longtime quarterback, Rodgers could become a Jet in the coming days -- barring a last-minute change of heart for the mercurial QB. The Jordan Love era in Green Bay seems close at hand, and the Zach Wilson era in New York appears over. 

There it is boys. I think it gets done today. 

Is Zach Wilson in the deal? Maybe they meant the Wilson era is done in 23', but I wouldn't word it that way because of potential injury.

In any event, I'm hearing the compensation is huge. 1st round pick for sure. It should be two 2nds and a 4th with a conditional 1st in 24'.... minimum. Anything less and I'd laugh at JD if I'm GB.

Edited by WheatieMan

5 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Is Zach Wilson in the deal? Maybe they meant the Wilson era is done in 23', but I wouldn't word it that way because of potential injury.

In any event, I'm hearing the compensation is huge. 1st round pick for sure. It should be two 2nds and a 4th with a conditional 1st in 24'.... minimum. Anything less and I'd laugh at JD if I'm GB.

From who?! Some dork on Twitter? 

6 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

From who?! Some dork on Twitter? 

WFAN this morning. "Sounds like they have to give up a lot more than we thought." I don't know who the original source was. Someone close to Woody or the contingent. This will be his defining move unless they somehow hit on a QB in the draft.

Edited by WheatieMan

9 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

WFAN this morning. "Sounds like they have to give up a lot more than we thought." I don't know who the original source was. Someone close to Woody or the contingent. This will be his defining move unless they somehow hit on a QB in the draft.

No all the reports are it is not even a first round pick in it. 

8 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

It’s all hearsay. Unless i see/hear a quote from a senior executive in either organisation I wouldn’t worry too much about it.

I have said from the start that if the deal happens it will be a deal that all parties deem fair. I don’t think it will be multiple firsts nor do I think it will be a few mid round picks. It will be some combination of both and everyone can go about their business. 

GB want to see what they have in Love which is fair and understandable. The jets have a roster loaded with talent but nothing at the qb position. It makes so much sense to not happen. But as we’ve seen before these things can happen and leave us shocked.  

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

No all the reports are it is not even a first round pick in it. 

Again the reports aren’t from people in the organisations. Packers fans are so mad if anyone says it’s not a massive haul when in reality they haven’t a clue. Neither do we. Let’s just see how it plays out. Can’t be too much longer either way at this point.

I think today either we get the news we hope for or in fact it’s the fact he’s not coming here and we start hearing the Jimmy/Baker etc rumours start the rounds as we’ve briefed the media.