QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

You guys really want Aaron Rodgers of Lamar Jackson?

Isn't A-Aron scheduled to make like $60 mil next year and it says that in 2023 he is $99 mil "dead cap" for the Packers in 2023.

You want him over Lamar Jackson who is half as cheap in terms of next season potentially.  

Do the Jets want to pretend that Rodgers is the same Rodgers from like 5 years ago?  And pretend he did not totally alienate his receivers this past year and before that caused what he thinks is his best friend receiver to leave and go to the Raiders...  Injured hand maybe that was a reason but if his thumb was really that hurt he could not have even thrown a football!

Just seems like going after Lamar Jackson is a safer bet, younger player and might not be quite as much money but is just as elite if not more so.  Lamar is 26, A-Aron is 39...  Tom Brady showed he can connect with teammates and lead a football team even in a new environment, Aaron Rodgers has never shown that and again if anything alienates teammates with his crap attitude and sideline/off field demeanor.  

7 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You guys really want Aaron Rodgers of Lamar Jackson?

Isn't A-Aron scheduled to make like $60 mil next year and it says that in 2023 he is $99 mil "dead cap" for the Packers in 2023.

You want him over Lamar Jackson who is half as cheap in terms of next season potentially.  

Do the Jets want to pretend that Rodgers is the same Rodgers from like 5 years ago?  And pretend he did not totally alienate his receivers this past year and before that caused what he thinks is his best friend receiver to leave and go to the Raiders...  Injured hand maybe that was a reason but if his thumb was really that hurt he could not have even thrown a football!

Just seems like going after Lamar Jackson is a safer bet, younger player and might not be quite as much money but is just as elite if not more so.  Lamar is 26, A-Aron is 39...  Tom Brady showed he can connect with teammates and lead a football team even in a new environment, Aaron Rodgers has never shown that and again if anything alienates teammates with his crap attitude and sideline/off field demeanor.  

You’re eliminating reality out of this.

Do you really think BAL doesn’t want Lamar? Or did they tag him to just prove that no one is going to give him the contract he “thinks” he’ll get. IMO he’s not even really available. Our GM isn’t going to hand out a fully guaranteed deal. He was groomed through BAL, so he has the same mindset. 

Lamar is a better long term answer. But his contract he wants is unreasonable. And he’s an injury risk. At least Rodgers plays and is a lock to make us a SB contender. With Lamar he might take us to 11-3 and tear his knee and we have Wilson playing in the playoffs.

So yes I want Rodgers bc he’s 100% realistic. Our fallback option is Jimmy G. Big downgrade. But I think if we miss out on Rodgers. We are front runners for him. 

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

If Rodgers doesn’t happen get ready for the Jets to be absolutely demolished by the media and fans

Of course. It’ll be us reverting back to “the same OL Jets” which in reality they’re not wrong. We haven’t made the playoffs in 12 seasons.

11 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You’re eliminating reality out of this.

Do you really think BAL doesn’t want Lamar? Or did they tag him to just prove that no one is going to give him the contract he “thinks” he’ll get. IMO he’s not even really available. Our GM isn’t going to hand out a fully guaranteed deal. He was groomed through BAL, so he has the same mindset. 

Lamar is a better long term answer. But his contract he wants is unreasonable. And he’s an injury risk. At least Rodgers plays and is a lock to make us a SB contender. With Lamar he might take us to 11-3 and tear his knee and we have Wilson playing in the playoffs.

So yes I want Rodgers bc he’s 100% realistic. Our fallback option is Jimmy G. Big downgrade. But I think if we miss out on Rodgers. We are front runners for him. 

Key is it was a nonexclusive tag....

"The nonexclusive tag means Jackson can now engage in contract talks with other teams. If he signs an offer sheet with another team, Baltimore has the right to match the offer to keep him or take two first-round picks as compensation. The nonexclusive tag -- which will pay Jackson $32 million this season -- is less expensive than the exclusive one (projected at $45 million), which would have allowed the Ravens to control his rights this year."

And based on how pissed Lamar Jackson seems, yeah maybe Baltimore does not want him.  And yes damn Watson messed it all up and the Browns with the dumbest contract in the history of sports which is now the standard for all QBs pathetically.  The Browns were 3-3 with him as a starter, never threw over 300 yards in any of those games and had 7 TDs and 5 INTs with a 38.3 QBR.  And just on his soul alone, he is mentally a mess I am sure as a person and will probably never be as good as he was when he was younger.  

I would say it is worth to purse Jackson over Rodgers all day.  Injury risk yes sure but dude is obviously way younger than Rodgers and is not just some rent a QB for a quick Super Bowl.  Sure Rams did it with Stafford but that dude was younger and more motivated than Rodgers is by far.  

If certain things happen in the draft and CJ Stroud drops, Jets would be better off making a play on him at QB and trading up.  Would be way cheaper than Aaron Rodgers option and provides a future.  Still they lose potentially their starting C with no backup really, lose both backup guards and backup tackle, then starting DT in Rankins and Joyner as vet.  It is not like they lose nothing and are that close to a Super Bowl.  

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Key is it was a nonexclusive tag....

"The nonexclusive tag means Jackson can now engage in contract talks with other teams. If he signs an offer sheet with another team, Baltimore has the right to match the offer to keep him or take two first-round picks as compensation. The nonexclusive tag -- which will pay Jackson $32 million this season -- is less expensive than the exclusive one (projected at $45 million), which would have allowed the Ravens to control his rights this year."

And based on how pissed Lamar Jackson seems, yeah maybe Baltimore does not want him.  And yes damn Watson messed it all up and the Browns with the dumbest contract in the history of sports which is now the standard for all QBs pathetically.  The Browns were 3-3 with him as a starter, never threw over 300 yards in any of those games and had 7 TDs and 5 INTs with a 38.3 QBR.  And just on his soul alone, he is mentally a mess I am sure as a person and will probably never be as good as he was when he was younger.  

I would say it is worth to purse Jackson over Rodgers all day.  Injury risk yes sure but dude is obviously way younger than Rodgers and is not just some rent a QB for a quick Super Bowl.  Sure Rams did it with Stafford but that dude was younger and more motivated than Rodgers is by far.  

If certain things happen in the draft and CJ Stroud drops, Jets would be better off making a play on him at QB and trading up.  Would be way cheaper than Aaron Rodgers option and provides a future.  Still they lose potentially their starting C with no backup really, lose both backup guards and backup tackle, then starting DT in Rankins and Joyner as vet.  It is not like they lose nothing and are that close to a Super Bowl.  

I think we’re changing up our draft a QB style and going the vet route and draft a guy in 2nd-4th round range and developing. The draft a guy high route has been awful for us.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we’re changing up our draft a QB style and going the vet route and draft a guy in 2nd-4th round range and developing. The draft a guy high route has been awful for us.

I think literally every round we've drafted a QB in they haven't panned out lol. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think literally every round we've drafted a QB in they haven't panned out lol. 

But we’ve never really tried the route of developing them with a good vet ahead of them and then not in a QB battle. At least in the last couple decades. And even when we’ve “tried” that route. The developmental guy has been “forced” into action. We just have zero luck in that regard. I mean Brady was developing and was never supposed to start and Mo Lewis about kills Bledsoe and Brady gets a shot and the rest is history.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I had them go Justin Fields in 2021, Sam Darnold that is a surprise he was so suspect but at the time they had nothing around him and did not support him at all.  Kind of like Fields last year with the Bears in a way.

Becton has a thin as can be lower body for a man his size so he is a walking injury or at least seems to be, Tera-Tucker being hurt did not help either and now if they lose their starting center in free agency.  Sure they got weapons on offense and RBs but that OL has to be better.  

Just sucks that football is QB or bust, I wish a team would win without a star QB....oh yeah the 49ers did exactly that so maybe all these teams paying $60 mil for a QB are just reaching.  Support the QB and one would not need some amazing player.  

Carson Wentz if healthy I do not think is totally washed, he has more upside arguably than Jimmy G.  Jimmy G played great in the playoffs a few times but again if Purdy can have similar success clearly it is that system and the players around the QB that made them win, along with that great D.