QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

5 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Sounds like the deal is already in place.  Just got to cross the i's and dot the t's.  Or is it cross the t's and dot the i's.  Aaron Rodgers is better than Jimmy G.  Lamar you can forget about it.  He's really not available.  Even if offered a massive contract Ravens will just match.  Don't expect too much action on that front. 

If the Jets do indeed get Aaron Rodgers I'd expect at least a divisional round appearance.  He's that good.  Played with a broken thumb and new weapons.  Offensive line was an issue early in the season as well.  Perfect storm for a bad season. He can still play at a high level for few more years yet.

I'm a die hard Packer fan.  Just came over here to see what you were all thinking.  Aaron Rodgers is my all time favorite Packer.  Cool, smart dude.  Funny too.  People love to hate on him but I've followed him throughout his career.  Use to listen to his radio show.  Tuesday's with Aaron and now McAfee.  He's a good dude who will return the Jets to relevance immediately.  

I'd be pretty damn excited about the prospect of landing him if I were a Jets fan.  Packers need to turn the page because we don't have the horses or cap space to run it back again.  Team is maxed out.  Time to pay the piper for running it back the last couple of seasons.  The Packers are screwed no point in bring Rodgers back if won't be in contention.  Thus time to turn the page. We need to rebuild. 

Hope the deal gets done.  Would love to see what Rodgers could do on the Jets.  Hope if this happens Jets will get several prime time appearances so I can still watch him play.  

I’m not expecting you to read through 90 pages but safe to say I have wanted rodgers here this whole time. 

All I’m saying is there comes a time where we need to know. That time quite clearly is before FA tampering starts. 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Or maybe he referenced Marshall. Could be either or lol. I hate this.

My thoughts are get him here. Worry about how many years he’s here later. Once here you know you’re getting 1 year. But persuading him for another year or 2 can easily happen.

It’d be hard to imagine if we lost is the SB or even the AFCCG barely that he still wouldn’t have that hunger to come back to try and win a SB the following year knowing we’re that close.

We win a SB and he’s done in 1 year. Then it was totally worth it. So that doesn’t matter.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Also knowing he was hosting a huge event Saturday explains why he didn’t announce anything.

So maybe we hear something Sunday. He did say there is a timeframe. So I don’t expect this to go all the way to Monday afternoon.

How come your up so early/late?! I thought I’d be waiting on you boys for hours!!! 

An announcement today would give us some serious momentum heading into tomorrows FA period. 

5 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

How come your up so early/late?! I thought I’d be waiting on you boys for hours!!! 

An announcement today would give us some serious momentum heading into tomorrows FA period. 

Haha. Moved our son into his big boy bed Friday night and he came and got me like 30min ago. Just put him back down and heading back to sleep “hopefully”

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Haha. Moved our son into his big boy bed Friday night and he came and got me like 30min ago. Just put him back down and heading back to sleep “hopefully”

Haha I know the pain. Our boys have weekend sleepover where they share a room but never actual go to sleep 😂 Always ends in disaster!

8 hours ago, Big T said:

JD has a history of keeping all the Jets do close to the vest.,surprise FA signings, draft picks, trades.

I can't help but believe the parameters of a trade and compensation is already in place AR is a flake, but the window is closing fast. Monday is coming fast, and the Jets need to be on the good foot.

AR could wind up staying in GB and letting everyone know this will be his last year, taking the money and pulling the rug out from everyones legs. 

GB holding the bag, the Jets with egg on their face, and AR at peace with it all. LOL

Right now, things, can't get any worst for Jets fans. So tomorrow things can only get better, I hope.

22 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Reports are starting to come in that there is no final deal for the Rodgers deal. Rodgers is the hold up. Some of the guys on our board this last week we saying Rodgers was the problem. sure, looks they were right.

It’s frustrating… but doesn’t affect us at all unless we don’t hear anything before noon tomorrow. We hear before then, and it really doesn’t matter how long it took to get him. Because we didn’t miss out on anything waiting. But I’d it leaks into legal tampering period tomorrow at noon. That’s when it’s time to go sour on this thing.

Until then I’ll stay optimistic.

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

My thoughts are get him here. Worry about how many years he’s here later. Once here you know you’re getting 1 year. But persuading him for another year or 2 can easily happen

Nothing with Rodgers is easy. He moves to his own tune or whatever the voices or spirits tell him.  If he came here for just one year which is highly probable, and we don’t win the SB which is also probable, we would look like the biggest dumb *****.  This has always been my biggest reason for not wanting Rodgers near this team.

I, for one, am just as tired as looking like an inept franchise as I am about not winning.

Just go for Jimmy G. It may be a downgrade from Rodgers for this year, but he will not pull these selfish childish games and we will have him longer. We all agree that even marginally better QB play gets us to the playoffs where anything can then happen. 

1 minute ago, xrade said:

Nothing with Rodgers is easy. He moves to his own tune or whatever the voices or spirits tell him.  If he came here for just one year which is highly probable, and we don’t win the SB which is also probable, we would look like the biggest dumb *****.  This has always been my biggest reason for not wanting Rodgers near this team.

I, for one, am just as tired as looking like an inept franchise as I am about not winning.

Just go for Jimmy G. It may be a downgrade from Rodgers for this year, but he will not pull these selfish childish games and we will have him longer. We all agree that even marginally better QB play gets us to the playoffs where anything can then happen. 

AR for 1 year ( I think he plays at least 2) but even for only 1 year. To be is still way better than Jimmy for 2-3 years. But Jimmy is my fallback option. So it’s not like I dislike that. Just AR is vastly better for me even if only for a year.

I'm not buying the report there is no framework for a trade for Rodgers. i think this guy is reaching so he can get some clicks. I think just like the rest of the reports is that we are all waiting on Rodgers and he has to say yes. I think he does before noon on Monday. I have a feeling when people are watching selection sunday the hews will break around 6-7 pm east coast time today. 

33 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

AR for 1 year ( I think he plays at least 2) but even for only 1 year. To be is still way better than Jimmy for 2-3 years

For one year of on field play, yes. But we have to look beyond just this year. What will our cap look like next year if he bolts?  Who will be QB? An old Kirk Cousins since he is currently the only realistic FA next year? Zach?  You have to look beyond just this season. Who knows, maybe that is what the hold up is. The Jets want language to protect them if he retires next year.

If Rodgers retires after just one season and the Jets do not win the SB both of which are more likely than not, then we are ****ed for the next few years after that. Jet fans deserve better and we should all want more than that and not rationalize. Give me the stability that Jimmy G brings. It allows time to develop a QB and maintain our potentially decent chance of playoffs for a few years. Not a one and done situation.