The Josh Jacobs Decision

RaidersAreOne

What would you do with Jacobs?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Jacobs?

• Re-sign him, likely for 3-4 years and top ~5-8 pay. Our O would be totally screwed without him.
    • Franchise tag him for one season, run him into the ground, then move on. We need him around but can't commit to him.
    • Let him walk, don't tie up big $ long-term for an oft-injured RB. Collect that comp pick!
    • Other

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The 49ers won 70% of their games with Jimmy and like 35% without him, dude is a winner. He was also one play away from beating Mahomes in the Super Bowl.

Who were the starting QB's when Jimmy G missed time?  I don't feel like looking them up but I am sure it's a list of complete bums.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Didn't your boy Mitchell Renz say something major was supposed to happen with Jacobs yesterday? Dude has zero sources, lmfao. @raidr4life

He addressed it on his show, he said his source was wrong but he ain't going to be mad at him because he's given him alot of good information in the past dude keeps it real. He himself said take it with a grain of salt because it sounded so unbelievable to him, but his source has been good to him.

Plus I know for a fact he hangs out with players regularly because I've been to a few of his function with players. 

Edited by raidr4life

47 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You clearly get it.  Quality coaching, coaching stability and a strong D are a QB's best friend. Jimmy G has had all of those and this year he has none.  It will be interesting to watch. 

Me too. Jimmy G has a ton of weapons here, in theory he could do very well.

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Carr is a better QB than Jimmy because of his arm talent. But Carr sucked in this offense last year. One could argue that Jimmy while not possessing the same arm talent, will be better in the offense.

And the argument really falls flat when you consider Jacobs excels against an 8 man front. 

Is he tho, because I've asked this question a few times now and nobody has given a real answer.

Beside having a stronger arm what other aspects of the QB position is Carr better than Jimmy G? There are guys here who talk about analytics and ive thrown out many advanced stats and Jimmy G has been superior in or equal in every category.

Lol he even has more rushing TD's in a little more than half the games and almost as many rushing 1st downs.

Edited by raidr4life

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Who were the starting QB's when Jimmy G missed time?  I don't feel like looking them up but I am sure it's a list of complete bums.  

But if their team was so great and Jimmy is so mid like you’ve said then why does he have the 7th best win % in nfl history? And why is Shanahan’s career record terrible without him? 

32 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

He addressed it on his show, he said his source was wrong but he ain't going to be mad at him because he's given him alot of good information in the past dude keeps it real. He himself said take it with a grain of salt because it sounded so unbelievable to him, but his source has been good to him.

Plus I know for a fact he hangs out with players regularly because I've been to a few of his function with players. 

His source: trust me bro

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If Jimmy G balls out this year and leads this terrible roster to 10+ wins I will happily eat crow and admit I need to go back to football 101 because I see the odds of this occurring to be right around zero. 

You keep craping on the roster and while it's a work in process Adams, Renfrow and Meyers are a top 5-7 WR unit in the league. TE is solid. Jacobs is a top 5 back in the league (and will be back when the money kicks in). Kolton Miller is a top 7-10 LT.

This roster looks better than at any point in the last 5 years easily. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

But if their team was so great and Jimmy is so mid like you’ve said then why does he have the 7th best win % in nfl history? And why is Shanahan’s career record terrible without him? 

Direct quote from Shanny yesterday:

"I think Jimmy was unbelievable for us. We won lots of games," said Shanahan. "I think he was the best quarterback here in about 20 years since [Former QB] Steve Young. Has an unbelievable record and every time he played and stayed healthy, we were either in the Super Bowl or NFC Championship Game."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You keep craping on the roster and while it's a work in process Adams, Renfrow and Meyers are a top 5-7 WR unit in the league. TE is solid. Jacobs is a top 5 back in the league (and will be back when the money kicks in). Kolton Miller is a top 7-10 LT.

This roster looks better than at any point in the last 5 years easily. 

Then why nobody except 1 poster expects us to have a 11 win season 

14 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

One reason is we downgraded the QB position and will lead to more stacked boxes which would negatively impact his stats.  If Jimmy G goes down at any point that will massively impact Jacobs as Hoyer is a super bum. 

Another potential risk is if this team falls out of playoff contention by mid season, which is possible considering our lack of talent, bad coaching and playing in a difficult division, many players will mail it in.

JJ knows that his stock is at an ATH right now and he knows heading into the season without a long term contract is a tremendous risk. 

The deeper this drags on into TC the more dire the situation becomes.  JJ could very well be banking on this team starting out terribly, then the front office caving to his demands in an attempt to save their jobs. 

Can’t say we’ve downgraded at the qb spot cause we haven’t seen jimmy play. It anything it’s just lateral right now

20 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This offensive roster looks better than at any point in the last 5 years easily. 

FIFY