Upcoming Free Agent Discussion

RaidersAreOne

The Falcons will have $70M in cap space... $80 if they cut Marcus Mariota. $90 if the cap raises an additional $10M. I hope they spend it properly on Daron Payne, re-signing McGary or going and getting Jawaan Taylor and potentially even getting some more edge depth.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He's getting more than that. More recent contracts are way higher. That's less than the deal he signed in 2018. I would guess he's closer to 30M

I just don't think someone is going to give it to him. Maybe Washington? I wouldn't be shocked at all if he got over slightly over $20 but anything beyond that would be to me. 

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I just don't think someone is going to give it to him. Maybe Washington? I wouldn't be shocked at all if he got over slightly over $20 but anything beyond that would be to me. 

Someone will, I think. It'll be structured like Derek Carr's deal, but someone is giving him real money. He's a real QB. Goff is 33M. Wentz 32M. Kirk 35M. Tannehill 29M. Carr 40M. 

The only real reason that 18M is like 14th in the league is because pretty much everyone below that is on a rookie deal. Mariota and Winston are the only two "starters" (Saints gave Winston that deal under the assumption he would start) below that who aren't on a rookie deal. The contracts are way up for guys who are starting quarterbacks in the NFL, and Jimmy is pretty okay in that regard. 

• Like 1