Week 13 Thread: Commanders at GIANTS GIANTS (help us God) - Little Giants gif thread

MikeT14

40 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

Agreed. I don't want Wentz for the future either, and the team has rallied around Taylor so it'd be very difficult to pull him now, but I personally think Wentz can just make throws that Taylor unfortunately can't. All it takes is for him to make one of those deep balls to hit and it completely changes the game. I think with how the defense is playing and how the run game has been working, he could make this offense much better. Just my opinion.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but hasn’t Heinicke had more 30 plus completions than Wentz?

Have a top 5 arm in the league doesn’t mean he always gets the pass off or sees the open receivers.

Nevermind, I looked it up, in 6 games Wentz has 10 completions that went for 30 yards or more.

In 7 games Heinicke has 5.

Edited by turtle28

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but hasn’t Heinicke had more 30 plus completions than Wentz?

Have a top 5 arm in the league doesn’t mean he always gets the pass off or sees the open receivers.

I haven't seen that stat, but I would guess that it's because of YAC not air yards. He's also played one more game. The other thing that is concerning to me is that Wentz has more rushing yards than Heinicke on less attempts. There's no reason that Heinicke shouldn't be running the ball more than he is. 

47 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

I haven't seen that stat, but I would guess that it's because of YAC not air yards. He's also played one more game. The other thing that is concerning to me is that Wentz has more rushing yards than Heinicke on less attempts. There's no reason that Heinicke shouldn't be running the ball more than he is. 

Well yac is a correlation of accuracy usually/an on target catchable ball.

Regardless, I looked it up, Wentz had 10 completions of 30 or longer. Heinicke has had 5. So, Wentz had twice as many in one less game.

• Like 1

In my opinion - this tie is on the Coaching Staff, who just have 0 feel for the game whatsoever. 

Taylor drove 90 yards, took vicious hits along the way, and tied the game with a Teeder. Showed a lot of heart. However, when we got close to Slye's range, they ran two draws and a bubble screen.... they didn't show Taylor the respect or confidence in his leadership that he earned during that 4th quarter drive. 

• Like 1

I wanted to look at a stat, out of curiosity.

Heinicke has been sacked 9 times in 7 games.

Wentz was sacked 23 times in 6 games.

Heinicke has a chance to finish the season playing 11 games.

And go all the way to the Superbowl & still being sacked less, than what Wentz was in those 6 games.

So what am I saying?

I'm saying that if Rivera makes the switch to Wentz, after the bye week?

I would like to participate in the draft talk thread, because there's no way in hell, we  would be making the Playoffs.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

So what am I saying?

I would like to participate in the draft talk thread, because there's no way in hell, we  would be making the Playoffs.

Didn't Rivera already say TH is starting after the bye?

26 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Didn't Rivera already say TH is starting after the bye?

Pretty much what he said:

“I feel comfortable with Taylor,” Rivera said, via Peter Hailey of NBCSportsWashington.com. “When Carson’s activated, he’ll be the primary backup and we’ll go from there.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/06/ron-rivera-comfortable-with-taylor-heinicke-starting-carson-wentz-as-backup/amp/

23 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I wanted to look at a stat, out of curiosity.

Heinicke has been sacked 9 times in 7 games.

Wentz was sacked 23 times in 6 games.

Heinicke has a chance to finish the season playing 11 games.

And go all the way to the Superbowl & still being sacked less, than what Wentz was in those 6 games.

So what am I saying?

Well, Heinicke has been sacked 14 times actually, but still obviously less than Wentz.