Fallout TV Show

MKnight82

On 4/19/2024 at 7:24 PM, Kiltman said:

Kills me that the next game isn’t coming for like 8 years, unless they let someone else like Obsidian make one.

There was an interview recently with Todd Howard where he essentially acknowledged that it would be a mistake to not capitalize on the success of the show in some way with their games. I think rushing Fallout 5 in a "soon-ish" timeframe is out of the question, but maybe this gives us a Fallout: New Vegas or Fallout 3 remaster soon? Those games would gain a lot from even just visual improvements. I know they've put out tons of updates for the games they are still supporting, and sales of all those games have risen dramatically since the show has been released, but not putting out a new title, even if it is just a remaster, would be a huge mistake.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

There was an interview recently with Todd Howard where he essentially acknowledged that it would be a mistake to not capitalize on the success of the show in some way with their games. I think rushing Fallout 5 in a "soon-ish" timeframe is out of the question, but maybe this gives us a Fallout: New Vegas or Fallout 3 remaster soon? Those games would gain a lot from even just visual improvements. I know they've put out tons of updates for the games they are still supporting, and sales of all those games have risen dramatically since the show has been released, but not putting out a new title, even if it is just a remaster, would be a huge mistake.

There was that leaked document that said we might be getting remasters of FO3 and Oblivion, which would be nice.

Hope they can figure something out. It’s not like Microsoft doesn’t have the money to bolster Bethesda where they could at least half the wait for the next Fallout. Which as of now isn’t coming for another 6+ years.

With how big Xbox is now, I’ve thought for awhile they should probably invest in at least one permanent support studio for stuff like this too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 5/1/2024 at 8:44 AM, minutemancl said:

W/ how dreadful 76 was at release, I don't think they'll rush another game. A remaster of 3 or NV would be very welcomed by me b/c I've never played them. I just hope a PS5 release would be included and MS doesn't try to monopolize the game. That would be a major mistake.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 2

On 5/9/2024 at 10:06 AM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

W/ how dreadful 76 was at release, I don't think they'll rush another game. A remaster of 3 or NV would be very welcomed by me b/c I've never played them. I just hope a PS5 release would be included and MS doesn't try to monopolize the game. That would be a major mistake.

Their biggest money makers (Minecraft, Call of Duty etc.) are staying multi plat so I'd imagine you'd see the remasters go multi plat as well. Especially to build new audiences.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Xmad said:

Their biggest money makers (Minecraft, Call of Duty etc.) are staying multi plat so I'd imagine you'd see the remasters go multi plat as well. Especially to build new audiences.

I wasn't aware that Minecraft was a MS product. Good news assuming they go the same path as these games. It definitely makes sense to do so but you never know

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I wasn't aware that Minecraft was a MS product. Good news assuming they go the same path as these games. It definitely makes sense to do so but you never know

They bought it for 2.5 billion in 2014 and haven't come close to recouping that cost. They've made something close to (but less than) 900 million. Major studios all seem pretty terrible these days.