Fallout TV Show

MKnight82

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

Trying to play Fallout one on PC and wow.. this is brutal. I don't think I can get through this. I can see how it would have been amazing back in the day but yikes

If you’re going to play FO1 I would highly recommend installing the mod that turns the time limit off. 

23 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I finished it last night. I think the show is good, not great. I had really high expectations though. They did a good job of creating the Fallout world and everything looks great but parts of the story really dragged. The Brotherhood of Steel entire storyline was boring and felt like they just wanted a way to shoe in a power armor into the series. Otherwise his character is completely unnecessary. I like the main character and think the actress does a good job in the role. I also think the interior vault storyline with the brother was pretty good, but the payoff at the end was a little anti-climatic imo. The Ghoul's storyline is good and I love Walton Goggins, and I know his flashbacks provide information about the world before the bombs dropped, but his storyline felt like an entirely different show and not really connected to the main story. I was also a little disappointed we didn't see a single super mutant. 

I never played the games, but this has a lot of my thoughts. Didn’t like Maximus, wanted more Ghoul. Enjoyed Lucy, though she needed a better signature moment in the last episode outside of standing still for like 30 mins? Ending was a little confusing outside of knowing people from 200 years ago run the show. Need some episode recaps on YouTube for those moments I missed.

10 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Definitely not the same as the ones in the game though. They look very different and have very different origins.

Was curious why they didn't just go with a Mirelurk or Mirelurk King/Queen for that part.

New creature in new region plus someone pitched a cool character design.

****ing horrifying to find that in your boat.

Watched the first episode and it was really neat. I think this setting would make a really fun and unique setting for some kind of open world, exploration video game. Hopefully some studio picks up on the idea. 

• Like 4

On 4/15/2024 at 5:40 PM, General Tso said:

So I'm on the 3rd episode.

What makes Maximums a compelling character? He just so far seems like a classic "meet the new boss, same as the old boss" kind of character.

I guess I liked that he’s supposed to be a foil to Lucy as a protagonist. They’re similar in their naivety but different at the same time. Plus he’s like Fallout’s version of chaotic good or something like that.

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Fallout 4 is the best selling game in Europe right now and sales rose %7,500 which I'm guessing is likely 7,500 units sold bc it's so damn old lol

Kills me that the next game isn’t coming for like 8 years, unless they let someone else like Obsidian make one.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Kills me that the next game isn’t coming for like 8 years, unless they let someone else like Obsidian make one.

Obsidian already had multiple projects of their own underway so I doubt it.

15 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Obsidian already had multiple projects of their own underway so I doubt it.

They do move fast-ish though with multiple teams. Could move onto that after Avowed this year or Outer Worlds 2 in a year or two. Either one would be faster than waiting for a Bethesda one.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

They do move fast-ish though with multiple teams. Could move onto that after Avowed this year or Outer Worlds 2 in a year or two. Either one would be faster than waiting for a Bethesda one.

When is game development ever that smooth.

Both projects are in active development with different teams, Tim Cain is co-directing the outer worlds 2 (THE FALLOUT GUY) and I'd imagine both ship by 2026. But OW2 is up to 2K. 

I have no idea what Josh Sawyer is doing rn since he wrapped up with pentiment, probably Avowed something but no idea.

1 hour ago, Xmad said:

When is game development ever that smooth.

Both projects are in active development with different teams, Tim Cain is co-directing the outer worlds 2 (THE FALLOUT GUY) and I'd imagine both ship by 2026. But OW2 is up to 2K. 

I have no idea what Josh Sawyer is doing rn since he wrapped up with pentiment, probably Avowed something but no idea.

Agreed. Though they are one of the few that seem to run things relatively smoothly, but it’s probably not happening regardless. Avowed does seem on track for the fall or early next year, though I hope they can really polish up the combat since the last time they showed it.

Im not sure what Sawyer is doing, don’t think he moved over to either of them. Maybe they brought him in for some stuff though?

Other option is go multi-team approach.

8 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Agreed. Though they are one of the few that seem to run things relatively smoothly, but it’s probably not happening regardless. Avowed does seem on track for the fall or early next year, though I hope they can really polish up the combat since the last time they showed it.

Im not sure what Sawyer is doing, don’t think he moved over to either of them. Maybe they brought him in for some stuff though?

Other option is go multi-team approach.

Legitimately surprised Bethesda hasn't taken the approach tbh. They have 3 AAA IPs and having multiple in development is never a bad thing. Might take like 2-4 years to build the team but after that you have a much faster production and quality team to work on fallout and elder scrolls and maybe starfield in like the 2040s.

Plus they have so many smaller studios and other teams focusing on different things you'd think they'd consider shifting it in house somewhere.

Hell if machine games wasn't doing Indiana Jones I'd say they'd be perfect for fallout 5.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xmad said:

Legitimately surprised Bethesda hasn't taken the approach tbh. They have 3 AAA IPs and having multiple in development is never a bad thing. Might take like 2-4 years to build the team but after that you have a much faster production and quality team to work on fallout and elder scrolls and maybe starfield in like the 2040s.

Plus they have so many smaller studios and other teams focusing on different things you'd think they'd consider shifting it in house somewhere.

Hell if machine games wasn't doing Indiana Jones I'd say they'd be perfect for fallout 5.

Yeah creating a dedicated team within Bethesda, or you take parts of a couple studios under the Xbox banner to do it. One way to help prevent the layoff problem if you can just shift some of those people over when the in house projects don’t need as many.

They already get a lot of the teams to chip in on the big releases.

Thought first season was good, but can’t put it in the great category. However it still is an awesome example of how video games are meant for TV, and not movies.

Spoiler

I love how in the finale, a bomb explodes next to a T-60 and it falls right over. However Maximus just casually walks through 3-4 landing around him.

Edited by Fresh Prince