2023 NFL Draft

Crimmage

3 hours ago, m haynes said:

Von Miller but in my opinion a little more athletic can play all over the front seven if used correctly

According to mockdraftable...which is just traits...

Yasir Abdullah - 81% likeliness score

Howard Jones, Shaka Toney, Trevardo Williams, Nick Bonitto, Boye Mafe, Bark Mingo

OH crap.  If this is true that would take him right of the board.   This is the 1st time I have heard this but the Pats have better done their due diligence with Wright.

This looks fishy. I think some one made this up.

I hate players that are not all in. " Its just a job crap. "

Also there are quit a few negative articles on him however they are from the same source ??????????????????   Some of the stories make him out to be  Isaiah Wilson !!!!!!!  

This should be easy for any team to find out if this is true. We will see Thursday. If he falls, I want no part of him, screw his potential its not worth it.

Edited by m haynes

I dont' believe any of the character issues that come up a week before the draft. Half the time that stuff is a team trying to get someone to fall. 

With that said, I don't think the Patriots believe their OT room is as bad as we think. 

- Draft a RT in the 3rd/4th to take over for Reiff a some point during the season

- Get another year or two out of Trent Brown with an actual OL coach .. Calvin Anderson wasn't bad in Denver either

CB/WR/EDGE are the ways to go without a trade down

- Deonte Banks

- Zay Flowers

- Nolan Smith

I'd be happy with any of them.. if Levis is there I'm happy to trade out as far as necessary to get a future 1st so they can get a QB next year too

You know whats crazy I really liked Wright when we 1st started however I'm not so sure anymore.  There are three things that really starting to bother me with him at the next level.

1.  His hand placement. It looks like he doesn't use them. He let people into his body than mauls them.

2. He leans and lacks flexibility

3. He's very stiff in his legs.  He doesn't move, on the run well.

It's a gut feeling and it started recently.

I'm leaning on passing on Wright and looking at Anton Harrison later in the (late 1st) draft. He has his flaws but he can be taught. 

@Crimmage  This might give you a chuckle. I hated AH at the beginning but it's all about the physical movement to me on the OL.  Most quality (high drafted) OL players can be taught skills however that have to be able to move.

Example reason why I question  Broderick Jones and Paris Johnson. Forgot, that's a big reason I hate Dawand Jones and his desire to own Mickey Dees !!!!

Yes I'll admit it my be last minute draft jitters and hoping we get it right.

Edited by m haynes

2 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

what is the gist of his interview?

In terms of Wright it was just the one-positional-ness. So he started at LT and wasn’t good enough, but he was good at RT. So he’s a one position tackle. Probably not worth the 14th overall. 

He mentioned Skoronski by name. Doesn’t care about the arm length as much, because some players have 34-36 inches and don’t use it all. He likes athleticism and intelligence mostly. The two traits he mentioned the most

explains the likes of Solder and Vollmer 

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

. He likes athleticism

Exactly   That's why I'm leaning to Harrison and for that matter Jaelyn Duncan.  I also I was down on Freeland but he played well in the game. He's what I saw but if you look the DE has the advantage because he can go wide and has open space. This doesn't happen in game situations. Here's the tape that turned me off which I say was a mistake on my part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixla-H6ovY4

I also like Tyler Steen. They all can move much better than Wright. Maybe a better overall game with coaching.

Deonte Banks, Darnell Washington, Myles Murphy, Jonathan Mingo, Matthew Bergeron, Tyler Steen, Joey Porter Jr.

Those are the guys I see the Pats most likely with in their first two or three picks.

Strike out picks or scramble picks on day two: Jordan Addison, Anton Harrison, Zay Flowers, Josh Downs, Emmanuel Forbes, Cody Mauch

Trade-up targets would be: Christian Gonzalez, Devon Witherspoon, Bryce Young, Will Levis, Anthony Richardson

Honestly would be surprised if they don’t take Luke Musgrave or Luke Schoonmaker somewhere on day two if they strikeout on the first round projectable guys like Washington, Mayer, and Kincaid.

Basically, I’m saying no tight end selected after round two and I am going to be a little surprised. No tight end after round three and I am wondering what they’re doing, (unless Schoonmaker/Kraft/LaPorta/Kuntz fall to day three).